Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Disc/obs 2021

George BM

18 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I dont ever recall disparity to this degree.  Where areas in the region  have had feet of rain in a single month and some areas almost none. 

Me neither. The ground here is bone dry and rock hard. Hasn't rained in almost a month while 4 miles east of my house it's a swampy mess. 

Cloudy and almost early fall like out there this morning. I hope the models are correct and I get a couple inches of rain tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Me neither. The ground here is bone dry and rock hard. Hasn't rained in almost a month while 4 miles east of my house it's a swampy mess. 

Cloudy and almost early fall like out there this morning. I hope the models are correct and I get a couple inches of rain tomorrow. 

The models show another goose egg out here, so you can bet they're dead- on.

40 minutes ago, H2O said:

I’m more curious about what the euro shows for this coming week. 

stalled front just along the coast per discos. Waves and waves of showers each day?

WPC shifted heaviest rains eastward. Still decent the more East you are.  

22 minutes ago, frd said:

WPC shifted heaviest rains eastward. Still decent the more East you are.  

GFS would imply a period with a decent chance of showers and storms late week as the trough moves east with some ridging over the WA. Verbatim it would be more of a threat for the immediate coast.

gfs_mslp_pwat_us_24.png

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
11 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

So, I did set a new record for lowest rainfall for July, 1.02". But NOW I have dots appearing on the deck, first moisture from the sky in about 2 weeks! Hopefully it actually rains and it helps the grass, mine is half brown even watering every other day. 

Silly, silly me. I thought 20-25 dbZ over me for an hour or so would bring a bit of rain....nope, it did spot the deck and windshields, about it. I DID get to report a T this morning vs all the 0.00's last 2 weeks. Amazing. 

• Like 1

Drum roll please, the numbers for July 2021 my location...

Averaged high was 85.3 degrees vs a normal of 84.7 degrees, a +0.6 above average. The warmest temp recorded was 89.7 degrees on the 28th. Averaged low was 61.7 degrees vs a normal of 61.5 degrees, a +0.2 degrees above average. The coolest temp recorded was 54.1 degrees on the 4th. Overall averaged temp was 73.5 degrees vs a normal of 73.1 degrees, a +0.4 above average. Total precip for the month was a measly 1.02 inches, which sets a new record minimum for the month of July, vs a normal of 4.01 inches, a -2.99 below average. There were 10 days with measurable, 2 days with a 'T' and 19 dry days. The greatest rainfall event was on the 2nd with 0.44 (almost half of monthly) falling. The highest wind recorded was 31 mph on the 9th. Only record for month is the dry 1.02" of rainfall, beating previous record of 1.76" from 1998 by a good bit. Overall a very average month temp wise, powerfully dry (especially last 20 days) on the water side. Records date back to October 1979.

• Like 4