Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Disc/obs 2021

George BM

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

It hasn’t rained here in my part of balt city in at least week - storms get painfully close then slide by.

As I went to bed last night, there was a storm just west of here that somehow died on my doorstep and redeveloped just to the north. I ended up with .05” and no other rain in the past ten days. But I’m at 2.60” for the month so I’ll be fine if I get something today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

I hate you guys.  0.21” here.  My in-laws a bit over a mile away still don’t have power.

Wow...crazy that your in-laws are only a mile away. :lol:

As that line formed, I was right on the edge of a split, so we got very light rain consisting of huge drops. It then filled in right over us and developed more to our NW, which then slid over us. Some of the heaviest rain I've seen this summer.

5 hours ago, H2O said:

That was a good storm last night. Not sure how much rain but poured some and really loud thunder. I’ll take more of that please

Yep, that was an unexpected one for me until I saw the sky lighting up to the north/west (hadn't been tracking the radar).  Got about an 1" from that based on nearby reports!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

I just don't get how this happens so consistently.  Other parts of my county have had numerous storms over the last week while I have to heavily water my garden this evening.  It's such a dull boring place for weather.  Lucky to see one or two thunderstorms in a whole summer.

But winter's coming, back to back nor'easters with howling, bone chilling winds and rain at thirty three freedom degrees! ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Picked up a total of 0.16" of rain from this 'event'. One quick downpour early afternoon yesterday and another one early this morning.

I haven't looked but I'm right around that amount too.  I wish we had gotten more, but the next few days should feel pretty good for late July and early August.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I haven't looked but I'm right around that amount too.  I wish we had gotten more, but the next few days should feel pretty good for late July and early August.

Looks outstanding. Also a decent chance of some showers Sunday associated with the upper energy rotating down and passing to our north. Looks like something might pop along the trailing cold front.

gfs_z500a_us_12.png

• Like 2

I got a taste of @EastCoast NPZ's magic this week. Other than a couple big drops of rain Monday and a brief light/moderate shower yesterday afternoon with the cell that fizzled over me ( maybe ~0.05" total?) it was a shutout for me here in Herndon. 

Positive Spining Time B):

Less mowing. My grass has barely grown since last mowing it two Saturdays ago.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Well, that 'chance of storms' went the same direction the last 3 weeks have gone...nada. Still at 1.02 for the month, 0.25 last 19 days and goose eggs last 12. 1.50 since 6/15. Sheesh. 

WOW and I thought my spot was bad!  Some areas in western VA with only a half inch in the last 30 days while places near Richmond are 10-15 inches

image.png.22952f04c699d0634ead034f01c31cc1.png

55 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

WOW and I thought my spot was bad!  Some areas in western VA with only a half inch in the last 30 days while places near Richmond are 10-15 inches

I dont ever recall disparity to this degree.  Where areas in the region  have had feet of rain in a single month and some areas almost none. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Grass (&weeds) are still green and growing pretty well down here. It hasn’t felt rainy, just seems like we’ve had a few healthy days of rain spaced out enough to keep it from getting crispy. Sorry for bogarting the rain

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic