Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
July Disc/obs 2021

George BM

53 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Except for missing thunderstorms, this has not been a bad summer at all.  So far only three 95 degree days at DCA.

I think if we could poll the group we'd find a lot with very reasonably cool high temps this year (so far). I think some of the Virginians especially. I had one 94f day at my station as the hottest, so far. 
91f yesterday.

Oh yeah....I'm missing plenty of T-storms too.

6 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Maybe not yesterday, but it’s definitely registering consistently higher temperatures than others in the area, and higher compared to what it used to.

I'm aware of the drama surrounding it. On the bigger heat days it seems whatever boost that may occur is muted compared to days when you're looking to scrape out a 90.

3 hours ago, H2O said:

get your finger out of the light socket.  Or post maps

Extended Forecast Discussion NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD 449 PM EDT Wed Jul 28 2021 Valid 12Z Sat Jul 31 2021 - 12Z Wed Aug 04 2021 ...Widespread Monsoonal Moisture and Rainfall Pattern over the West... ...Heavy Convection/Rainfall Threat for the South/Southeast/Southern Mid-Atlantic... 18Z Update: The western U.S. ridge and the downstream trough over the central/eastern U.S. is expected to remain anchored in place through the medium range period, with the Atlantic upper ridge blocking eastward progression. There is some hint in the guidance that an upper low could develop over portions of the Ohio Valley by the middle of next week, mainly with the operational GFS and ECMWF, as some flow separation in the trough could develop. This could have some ramifications on the extent of the potential heavy rainfall across the Southeast and the southern Appalachians. One of the main changes with the QPF is for higher totals across portions of the Carolinas, owing to the block pattern developing and a quasi-stationary front over this region. Otherwise, the guidance is in above average agreement on most of the synoptic scale aspects, with the greatest differences evident across the northeast Pacific and the Hudson Bay region by the end of the forecast period. The previous discussion is appended below for reference. /Hamrick

3 hours ago, mappy said:

The Friday cold front couldn't come through at a more perfect time. We have a one day softball tourney Saturday and its going to be amazing for end of July. 

I'm looking forward to it, may have to pitch a tent near the trail, could be some nice sleeping weather which is rather rare here this time of the year! :)

There’s still been no rain here recently, other than the pavement wetter the day before yesterday I think it was. Home on the other hand has had much more rain, and a STW right now. Maybe I’ll get something here in a bit, but not too enthusiastic. T: 75° DP: 71°

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Regardless of what happens(or doesn't)today, the pattern for this weekend into next week will deliver some stellar weather. Probably doesn't get any better for early August as advertised.

We will probably never see anything like this during winter.

ecmwf-ens_z500aMean_namer_3.png

At the hottest part of the year that looks amazing.  Winter coming early. 

9 minutes ago, H2O said:

That was a good storm last night. Not sure how much rain but poured some and really loud thunder. I’ll take more of that please

Agreed. It poured buckets for 10 minutes or so, though we didn't get a ton of lightning/thunder.

Closest PWS hasn't reported yet, but there's one not too far away (just to the NNE) that came in with just under an inch. I'm thinking we went a little over that.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Agreed. It poured buckets for 10 minutes or so, though we didn't get a ton of lightning/thunder.

Closest PWS hasn't reported yet, but there's one not too far away (just to the NNE) that came in with just under an inch. I'm thinking we went a little over that.

I hate you guys.  0.21” here.  My in-laws a bit over a mile away still don’t have power.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic