Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Disc/obs 2021

George BM

18 hours ago, CAPE said:

Gonna have to watch this trough dropping in from eastern Canada on the periphery of the strengthening/expanding upper ridge out west. Things could turn more active late week with h5 disturbances rolling through in the NW flow. No washout but definitely some storm chances. Have to watch the MCS potential. CMC kinda hinting.

gfs_z500a_us_17.png

Overall  WPC trends seem drier.   Grass is crispy and ground is like a brick.   Week ahead looks dry and hot.   Entering driest part of summer so far.    

31 minutes ago, frd said:

Overall  WPC trends seem drier.   Grass is crispy and ground is like a brick.   Week ahead looks dry and hot.   Entering driest part of summer so far.    

Best chance looks like Thursday- Friday, but models currently have the action mostly just south. Some potential for a MCS with this set up, and the GFS is hinting at some sort of organized complex of storms moving in from the upper Midwest. Heads straight south on the next panel though and misses much of our region.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_20.png

• Thanks 1

I mowed yesterday for the first time in 5 weeks, just to knock down the patches of weeds that were able to sprout up.  Scenes straight out of 1930s dust bowl.  Had to stop to put on a dust mask and glasses to help keep it out of my eyes.  When I was done I was covered head to toe in crusted dust as it mixed with sweat.  Miserable. 

Good to see we are now entering a "dry" period.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I mowed yesterday for the first time in 5 weeks, just to knock down the patches of weeds that were able to sprout up.  Scenes straight out of 1930s dust bowl.  Had to stop to put on a dust mask and glasses to help keep it out of my eyes.  When I was done I was covered head to toe in crusted dust as it mixed with sweat.  Miserable. 

Watch the chiggers. I immediately shower after mowing, as they are prevalent here. Not sure if they are even more active when conditions are dry.

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Watch the chiggers. I immediately shower after mowing, as they are prevalent here. Not sure if they are even more active when conditions are dry.

Fortunately,  I've not seen them here.  I have no choice but to head straight to the shower; I look like a coal miner at the end of his shift when I'm finished.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

This may be one of your best pieces so far this season. I can almost feel your misery lol

• Like 1

Getting hammered now!

Very frequent T&L and heavy rains.

Nice rolling thunder.  Funny, haven't seen one bolt but the flashes are quite bright through the skylights.  It's kind of freaky - usually when it flashes that bright the thunder is a split second later.  It's almost out of sync like watching a dubbed kung-fu flick! ;)

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic