Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Disc/obs 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Two hours of sporadic thunder, but nary a drop to show for it. Worst kind of summer pool day.

I guess I should be glad I got anything (0.1ish) but the rain shaft of the storm that developed just to the West stealing the energy from the storms that would hit was within half a mile. I could see the rain ugh.

6 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Huge storm headed right for me.  Hard right turn and passed just south.  Scraped by the edge as it roared by.  Another .10". 

.13" total.   What a day. 3 for 3.  Unreal.

Hence my "Enjoy. :)" Remark. 

Really hope your luck changes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, high risk said:

I would think you'll cash in at some point, but it's tough to use the guidance this afternoon, as very few solutions (other than perhaps the ARW2) have a good handle on this lead line.

Line 2 was a miss, just sprinkles. Hoping the stuff out west hangs on as it heads east

• Sad 2

Was down at Bachman park in AA county for my daughter's softball tournament.  We were able to get 2 games in and then is let loose.  The southern end of the storm hit us and looks like we got well over 1.5 inches waiting the rain out until the called it for the day.   Before the rain...it was miserably hot and humid. 

Decided to take the kids down to my parents in Dundalk today...top 5 storm arguably. Trees and power lines down everywhere, roads closed with lines down. Large trees fully uprooted in spots and roof toppings off some apartments. This area up through Essex and Parkville really took it on the chin. Hail was persistent on an off for the better part of an hour, and I’d estimate in the “microburst” period, we gusted 65-70 to cause that damage. 

To top it off, the rain and flooding is extensive. Water several feet deep in places after ~4.75” in about 2.5 hours. Power out still since 4PM. 

Now to watch to the west 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic