Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Disc/obs 2021

George BM

17 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Heard the thunder all the way up here. New storm popping just to my south but I think it’ll skirt just to my east.

That was a pretty impressive little storm. 0.71” on the nearby PWS, 1.3” on my plastic rain gauge. Loud thunder, gusty winds. 

• Like 1

I was meeting a friend at the former Greene Turtle (now the Backyard or something like that) in towson when that storm hit here - we were on the fourth floor deck - absolute show . Terrifying cloud to ground lightning and torrential rain and wind. As legit a storm as I have seen here in awhile.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 6:32 PM, dailylurker said:

I was thinking the same thing. I remember it being like this most of the summer when I was a late 80's early 90's kid. It's nasty

Typical summer days in the 70s and early 80s had so much haze you couldn't even see the sun; the sky was a milky white. When thunderstorms were approaching, you couldn't see the clouds either, the haze just gradually darkened. August of 1988 was the first time I can remember the DC area having blue sky and cumulus clouds on a hot, muggy day. Topper Shutt on Channel 9 even mentioned how unusual it was, said it reminded him of the Caribbean.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic