Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Disc/obs 2021

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
16 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Been getting that over here too recently.  Tired of hearing booming thunder just north or south and getting a few drops of rain.

Last night was celebrating  the surprise thunderstorm forming just to my West.  Guess what, same thing, turned more North and missed me. Can't win in the rain department , just like the snow department recently.  not sure if the C and D Canal causes a micro climate variable but very, very frustrating. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frd said:

Last night was celebrating  the surprise thunderstorm forming just to my West.  Guess what, same thing, turned more North and missed me. Can't win in the rain department , just like the snow department recently.  not sure if the C and D Canal causes a micro climate variable but very, very frustrating. 

Yesterday the forcing was too far north/west. Today is the better day for more organized/widespread storms for the coastal plain. We shall see how it works out.

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

NAM 3k says "what rain?" It has a nasty DC split. 

Yeah GFS dumps on us this afternoon and NAM has almost nothing. 

Saturday and now even Friday look dry. So much for the stalling front and monsoon. Another win for the Europeans!

• Like 1

Got .11" overnight.

Got a storm yesterday afternoon.  It was a gusty one apparently: in addition to lots of leaf clusters, small branches, garden flag, and chicken-feeder being blown down, so was my rain gage stand.  Nearby PWSs ranged from .26 to .83.  So, who knows.  It was wet (for once) under trees and bushes, so it must have been of some significance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Watching storms form JUST to my east and north has already been really annoying today

The front should be sagging southward through the day. Looks like a low level jet develops too- but looks like it will be focused more over southern MD/eastern VA/lower eastern shore. Some of the CAMs have the best convection in that area. 0z Euro liked S MD over towards Easton and Cambridge. 2-3" +.

15 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Saturday looks amazing.  Perfect weather for my cookout and fireworks.   Couldn't have timed that better between heatwaves.

saturday fireworks?  I'm blowing up my part of the world on Sunday  At the beach.  Which should be great weather wise.

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

saturday fireworks?  I'm blowing up my part of the world on Sunday  At the beach.  Which should be great weather wise.

Everyday is a good day for fireworks!

Lol.  But, Lake Holiday does a nice display, which is visible at my place, on July 3rd,  so I do my family cookout then.  Once that show is over, we let off our own.  On the 4th, there are so many displays going on around us, we can just sit on the top deck and watch them.

Enjoy the holiday!

• Like 1

Currently 94/73, with STW just issued. Will miss a good chance to do SOMETHING, if it doesn't later. I quickly squeezed mowing the front/back yards in before the forecasted rain (and primarily because I'm traveling for a few days)...one of the worst mowing days of my life. Every piece of clothing I wore was literally soaked completely through. UGH.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic