• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Banter 2021

George BM

Since there was electronics brought up, I have a JBL S120PII powered subwoofer that the on off switch broke on and it’s stuck in the off position. For the life of me I have googled the part number associated with the manual but cannot find a replacement toggle switch for it. It is a three position toggle switch and I was gonna solder a new one on but no luck.  I tried to upload a picture but the file is too big. If anyone knows of a good spot to get spare electronic switches in the area id appreciate the recommendation, tried all the big box and name brand stores. Or a decent spot to get electronics fixed would work too, I live in the Hampstead area.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
On 7/31/2021 at 8:49 AM, SnowenOutThere said:

Got a record that I have been off by 0.3ish all season long free (50meters)(record 26.94)(my swim 26.49ish), oh thank goodness. My teammate has been right next times wise and it sucks he could not get it as well.

Congrats to you...but kindly stay away from MY KID'S All Stars records, please.  :D 

On 7/29/2021 at 7:22 PM, Stormfly said:

The big issue isn't just the volume but the amount of dynamic range compression that's applied to the musical track.  Annoying AF!  In a theater environment I'm fine with 120dB of dynamic range from a whisper to the crack of a gunshot but for the sake of Thor PLEASE lower the volume of the damn music!  Music should be audible in the BACKGROUND.  It's gotten so bad lately it's not funny.

Speaking of MUSIC, the loudness war is destroying the sound in modern mixes.  The best way to explain this in English is in this video here:

Sorry just saw this. Wow what a great explanation. 

• Like 1