Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Banter 2021

George BM

21 hours ago, wxtrix said:

i’m not stepping foot into a theater for the foreseeable future, but i miss seeing movies. we only go to the Alamo Drafthouse in Winchester—always a great experience. and cheap tickets.

I have not been in a theater for quiet a while. Over the last decade there is something, have not been able to pin point it, that causes me to get horrible migraines. 

2 hours ago, mappy said:

oh come on. i wasn't full on singing, just humming and mumbling hahahaha

Mmmmmmm…face to the floor…..zombie, zombie, zombie…..mmmmmhmmmmhmmmm…and they are watching us….mmmmmhhhmmmmm…pretty fly for a white guy

31 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I have not been in a theater for quiet a while. Over the last decade there is something, have not been able to pin point it, that causes me to get horrible migraines. 

That's interesting. I've noticed that the sound systems in theaters have really expanded in recent years, due to technology advances, etc., and are just so....booming. There were a few movies I came out of in recent years where my ears were almost ringing because the theatrical sound systems practically blow you through the back of the theater now....not unlike the feeling I've had coming out of a live concert.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

That's interesting. I've noticed that the sound systems in theaters have really expanded in recent years, due to technology advances, etc., and are just so....booming. There were a few movies I came out of in recent years where my ears were almost ringing because the theatrical sound systems practically blow you through the back of the theater now....not unlike the feeling I've had coming out of a live concert.

Yea Mr J has wondered if this is the cause. So interesting that you say that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

No barrel, no care.

Love me some original WWS. The bourbon barrel aged version is top notch too. Looking forward to the release of Utopias Barrel aged WWS in October. Probably won't be much around, so might have to take a trip to Milton.

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Enjoying the beer talk while nursing my major injury and drinking my self-prescribed medication, just wanted to share my recent purchases from Lighthouse Liquors in Canton. Fabulous place, by the way.

image.jpeg.d9806030513666669909f89cd6f0a393.jpeg

The beers were chosen in preparation for the fire pit this fall.

What did you do?

15 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Enjoying the beer talk while nursing my major injury and drinking my self-prescribed medication, just wanted to share my recent purchases from Lighthouse Liquors in Canton. Fabulous place, by the way.

image.jpeg.d9806030513666669909f89cd6f0a393.jpeg

The beers were chosen in preparation for the fire pit this fall.

Go there at least a couple times a month. Great deli sandwiches too 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Love me some original WWS. The bourbon barrel aged version is top notch too. Looking forward to the release of Utopias Barrel aged WWS in October. Probably won't be much around, so might have to take a trip to Milton.

I'm fine with the occasional non-BA stout, but I feel like too many of them lack depth. Adding that barrel (successfully) totally transforms them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Yea Mr J has wondered if this is the cause. So interesting that you say that. 

The big issue isn't just the volume but the amount of dynamic range compression that's applied to the musical track.  Annoying AF!  In a theater environment I'm fine with 120dB of dynamic range from a whisper to the crack of a gunshot but for the sake of Thor PLEASE lower the volume of the damn music!  Music should be audible in the BACKGROUND.  It's gotten so bad lately it's not funny.

Speaking of MUSIC, the loudness war is destroying the sound in modern mixes.  The best way to explain this in English is in this video here:

• Like 2

If anyone ever hears/sees me say we should get another puppy, yell at me NO. 

This morning the two pups (1.5yrs/7 months) found and killed a groundhog living under our shed. Just spent 10 minutes chasing them around the yard, while they played tug of war with the body, so I could get them to drop it and back inside. 

So out of shape. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

If anyone ever hears/sees me say we should get another puppy, yell at me NO. 

This morning the two pups (1.5yrs/7 months) found and killed a groundhog living under our shed. Just spent 10 minutes chasing them around the yard, while they played tug of war with the body, so I could get them to drop it and back inside. 

So out of shape. 

Good morning Mappy and noted. My daughter has two pugs. They’ll eat anything but are non violent chasers. If anything the late groundhog may have chased them around the yard to their mutual enjoyment. Stay well, you and the family. As always ….

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic