Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
July Banter 2021

George BM

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

We watched A Quiet Place 2 last weekend on Paramount+.  Honestly, we never went to the movies much over the last 5 years but I'm not sure I'll be back ever.  There's enough streaming content to hold you over until the theatrical release is available (if its not available the same day as theatres which is the case for many things now).  And movies just aren't good enough to warrant paying $12 (or whatever) per person to watch in a theatre.  

Quiet place 2.  Great movie. Saw that at the theaters last month.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

If someone plays for the NBA.. they should only be allowed to play for the US Olympic Team.  This competition we are seeing on the international theater is not indicative of reality.  

But... if they are citizens of other countries its well within their right to go play for that country for the Olympics. It happens in other sports, not just NBA.

36 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

If someone plays for the NBA.. they should only be allowed to play for the US Olympic Team.  This competition we are seeing on the international theater is not indicative of reality. 

What if someone is playing for the Raptors?  Team Canada?

You clearly have never watched Olympic hockey when NHL players are involved. 

1 minute ago, fourseasons said:

or any other sport for that matter. Was watching women's softball last week and a student at a university in the US was playing on the Italy team, because she's from Italy. THE NERVE. 

8 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

or any other sport for that matter. Was watching women's softball last week and a student at a university in the US was playing on the Italy team, because she's from Italy. THE NERVE. 

Watching volleyball today and they have leagues in Europe where our citizens play to make money. Oh the audacity they come back to play for the red white and blue instead of Albania!!!

50 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

Or maybe it's indicative of something else:  The international game gets called differently.  For example, the obvious travel that would get a pass from refs here gets whistled down in international competition.

Or maybe Team USA has no chemistry.

Or the wrong coaching.  It's been reported in the news that the players do not like the head coach.

57 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

I dont understand how france and spain and australia etc etc etc get to have their nba ringers. NBA players should be on the USA team only. We pay them.

Or we should just learn how to assemble the right rosters. Just get 1 solid big and 2/3 stars and rest role players. Let the stars iso and the role players clean up

• Like 1

Found this fun little storm simulation that I've spent countless hours on and thought I should share it with you guys. It gets updated every couple months or so. Also linked the person who makes it YouTube. This is the site and this is the video from the guy who makes it. 

just so you know I don't think it works with chrome but I know it works with *shudder Internet Explorer. Anyways you people should try it you can simulate storms that will always miss you in real life! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

i’m not stepping foot into a theater for the foreseeable future, but i miss seeing movies. we only go to the Alamo Drafthouse in Winchester—always a great experience. and cheap tickets.

Why? The movies are fun and we really should be supporting that industry to help it rebound.

42 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Just make sure its an imperial stout- with raspberries and peanut butter and cookies and cream.

Is that a special order type of beer? I need to keep track of what he likes for Christmas. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic