Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Banter 2021

George BM

58 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Its going to be the end of the existence of a Big 12 conference at all.  I believe if this happens the remaining teams will be absorbed into other conferences such as Big 10 and ACC, and the conferences will be renamed.  

Hopefully WVU ends up in the ACC … where they should have been all along.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, yoda said:

Fine by me. I was never really impressed by him and his contract was an albatross.  Caps need cap space. This gives them that

• Like 1

Anyone catching the limited runs of first-run theatrical movies on HBOMax or Disney? Anyone a fan of that, vs. seeing them on the big screen?

It's weird...we'd typically see maybe 1-2 first-run in the theaters PER YEAR pre-pandemic. This year, in the first six months, we've seen 3 already (Nomadland, In The Heights, The Conjuring 3). At this point, I think I'd only miss seeing a "spectacle" movie (e.g., Top Gun 2, a Star Trek/Star Wars movie) in the theater. On the whole, though, I don't miss traipsing to the theater myself.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Anyone catching the limited runs of first-run theatrical movies on HBOMax or Disney? Anyone a fan of that, vs. seeing them on the big screen?

It's weird...we'd typically see maybe 1-2 first-run in the theaters PER YEAR pre-pandemic. This year, in the first six months, we've seen 3 already (Nomadland, In The Heights, The Conjuring 3). At this point, I think I'd only miss seeing a "spectacle" movie (e.g., Top Gun 2, a Star Trek/Star Wars movie) in the theater. On the whole, though, I don't miss traipsing to the theater myself.

I've watched Wonder Woman and Soul and will probably watch Space Jam.  I liked it.....and having a 144 inch projector screen to watch on does make the experience better.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

I've seen maybe 3 movies in a theater in the last 10 years, and we haven't taken advantage of the Disney/HBOMax offerings yet. I'm just not much of a movie person, though I can really get into them if the story interests me and/or the filmmaking is of exceptional quality.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

We watched A Quiet Place 2 last weekend on Paramount+.  Honestly, we never went to the movies much over the last 5 years but I'm not sure I'll be back ever.  There's enough streaming content to hold you over until the theatrical release is available (if its not available the same day as theatres which is the case for many things now).  And movies just aren't good enough to warrant paying $12 (or whatever) per person to watch in a theatre.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic