Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Banter 2021

George BM

On 7/24/2021 at 6:17 PM, MacChump said:

Taking the kids to GNR…on the one hand, that’s awesome…on the other, christ we’re old…

Lol.  No joke.  My 13 yo loves classic rock (he plays guitar), and GNR is one of his favorites.  Not sure what makes me feel older:  that he's old enough to see GNR or that GNR is considered classic rock.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Did you take a poll?

And without even looking I can guarantee you Howard county is in the top 5 in vaccination rate among MD counties.

Uncanny how misinformed you are. I mean every post of yours is like this.

He's trolling.  Badly.

38 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Did you take a poll?

And without even looking I can guarantee you Howard county is in the top 5 in vaccination rate among MD counties.

Uncanny how misinformed you are. I mean every post of yours is like this.

The sign in front of the store says if you are not vaccinated you still need to wear a mask.. however if you are vaccinated, then you dont need to wear one.  

According to my information, the vast majority of the severe cases of covid are people who are not vaccinated.  And that break through cases are rare and usually mild. 

So if you are telling me that Howard County has a high vaccination rate, then the misinformed are the the people in Ellicott city walmart who are vaccinated and still wearing a mask are.  

• Haha 1

I mean - I went to Maryland Live yesterday for a poker tourney. The poker room there is on two floors - and the tourney was on the second floor. No windows. One stairwell and an elevator. I am vaccinated. Did I wear a mask the entirety of my stay in the tourney? Yes, yes I did.   Would I wear my mask while outside at a sporting event? I would not.  I can judge relative risk and act accordingly.  What is so hard about this for some? Given the easy spread of Delta variant, despite everyone in my house being vaccinated, as well as my co-workers, still doesn't hurt me to mask up in that scenario to help reduce the already vastly diminished risk of ending up a passive carrier of the variant. Given that my wife tutors young children in the summer who are not vaccine eligible, this is, almost literally the least I could do to help. Just bizarre to get mad at people who continue to want to try and help curb the spread - even when vaccinated. Doubly infuriating because if folks had just gotten the damn shot already, we are not dealing with this on this level. 

• Like 2

I am completely bummed out. I just might drink myself to death over this.

Ledecky got beat by Titmus in the Womens 400 meter freestyle at the Tokyo Olympics. Titmus beat her before, at the 2019 FINA World Championships in Guangju, in the same event. Titmus is a come from behind racer.

Her coach acted like a totally crazy man after Titmus won the gold.

I am just DEVASTATED.

10 minutes ago, H2O said:

I want mine back in school just so they keep getting up early. Because if I’m up early(why I don’t know) they should be too

I'll have 2 away at college this year and am looking forward to getting the wife who teaches and daughter back in school.  I'm working from home permanently now, which I'm still adjusting to and the quiet makes it easier to focus. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, H2O said:

I want mine back in school just so they keep getting up early. Because if I’m up early(why I don’t know) they should be too

We just need some sort of structure for these maniacs. The pool opens at 11, but heading up there at open is a bit of a stretch. It's going to be a free-for-all before noon, at least.

The older one is really excited about going back to school. Little one is looking forward to preschool, as well, so it'll certainly make things easier for everyone once we get into September.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mattie g said:

We just need some sort of structure for these maniacs. The pool opens at 11, but heading up there at open is a bit of a stretch. It's going to be a free-for-all before noon, at least.

The older one is really excited about going back to school. Little one is looking forward to preschool, as well, so it'll certainly make things easier for everyone once we get into September.

Aug is the lazy month for my kids. Swim being done just means we can go vacation and visit relatives again. One kid wants to do cross country and they have started training so her mornings will have practices. 

But now I can hang out at the pool when it opens and actually get in the water as opposed to staring at it for hours during a meet

• Like 2

13 hours ago, blueberryfaygo said:

The sign in front of the store says if you are not vaccinated you still need to wear a mask.. however if you are vaccinated, then you dont need to wear one.  

According to my information, the vast majority of the severe cases of covid are people who are not vaccinated.  And that break through cases are rare and usually mild. 

So if you are telling me that Howard County has a high vaccination rate, then the misinformed are the the people in Ellicott city walmart who are vaccinated and still wearing a mask are.  

No vaccine really prevents you from getting COVID, but they do diminish the effects. Depends partly on length of time you are exposed

29 minutes ago, H2O said:

Aug is the lazy month for my kids. Swim being done just means we can go vacation and visit relatives again. One kid wants to do cross country and they have started training so her mornings will have practices. 

But now I can hang out at the pool when it opens and actually get in the water as opposed to staring at it for hours during a meet

I hear that. The dedicated swim team families all bolt once Divisionals are done (expect for the families that have kids with a shot at All-Stars). We're heading out at the end of next week and will come back the week before school starts. Just need to get through the next 12 days...

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

No swim practice this morning. My summer routine is f**ked...

From someone who is a swimmer I had swim practice this morning. I got to get up at 4am and then swim for over an 2 hours, all year round except for August. My All stars is next week so I should technically go to all star practice as well but I don't have to. I got in All stars in back, breaststroke and freestyle I think I am seated right around 5-7th for all of them out of all divisions so it should be fun. Though swim is fun it can be a bit much. I also had the team's end of year celebration for swim on Saturday which was great, I got the trophy for my age group for most points at A meets and my age group won the division! I'm going to take a nap now.   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wonderdog said:

No vaccine really prevents you from getting COVID, but they do diminish the effects. Depends partly on length of time you are exposed

Exactly.  I have a lot of faith in the Vaccine.  Based on the data coming in appears that people who have had the vaccine and get a breakthrough case, then they will likely have milder symptoms.  That they have a much lower case of being hospitalized than someone who has not been vaccinated.

This vaccine is truly groundbreaking and unprecedented.  

to me.. being vaccinated and still wearing a mask diminishes all of these accomplishments... its a symbolizes the opposite of progress and strength.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SnowenOutThere said:

From someone who is a swimmer I had swim practice this morning. I got to get up at 4am and then swim for over an 2 hours, all year round except for August. My All stars is next week so I should technically go to all star practice as well but I don't have to. I got in All stars in back, breaststroke and freestyle I think I am seated right around 5-7th for all of them out of all divisions so it should be fun. Though swim is fun it can be a bit much. I also had the team's end of year celebration for swim on Saturday which was great, I got the trophy for my age group for most points at A meets and my age group won the division! I'm going to take a nap now.   

Nice work!

I can't imagine being so dedicated as a young person that I would have gotten up that early every day, so kudos to you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic