Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Banter 2021

George BM

11 minutes ago, George BM said:

Suddenly your display name makes sense.

It used to be H2Omaker.  But didn't have the flow I wanted so changed it.  Get it?  Flow?  Water?  I need to retire my dad jokes.

1 minute ago, mappy said:

:lol: hence the nickname "Waterboy" 

I will always be waterboy no matter how old I get.  

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Thank you!!!!!!

Sitting here at my desk one last time at the office I've been coming to for so many years.  I'm reflecting on all the memories I have and will keep from this place.  Lots of ups and downs, laughs and cries, moments that I will cherish forever.

Retiring at 50 is something not many get to do and I'm so lucky.  And while its sad in many ways, to leave friends and coworkers that I've known for 2 decades, its also a celebration.  A chance to look back at all the things I did and was a part of to make my workplace succeed.  

Some here have figured out where I work and I know you do.  i tried to not say where out of concern over people coming at me by using my employer.  But now I dont' really care.

I work(ed) for Fairfax Water.  The NoVa water utility that supplies most of the water for the Va part of the DC area.  Over 1.4 million people I think is the last number.  I have been associated with them since 1990.  Full times since Dec 1993.  The last 24 years I've worked as a surveyor.  This job had me working outdoors in all sorts of conditions.  Rain, snow, heat, cold.  Hence my love for weather and stumbling on this place(EasternWx) back in 2006ish.  My workplace has provided me so many good things that I am thankful for.  The benefits, education, salary all helped me get the things in life most everyone hopes to.  And I am grateful for it.  Its been a long time coming and I've earned the right to walk away now and go enjoy the next chapter in my life.  And thats what this is.  I say goodbye to my employment here but I also say hello to a new phase in my life.  I get to go do things I missed out on.  And it will be fun.  I'm still gonna be here posting and being a goofball.  So I welcome everyone here to join in on the fun and I am more than happy to go hang out with y'all anytime anywhere. 

This gonna be fun!!!! 

Sincere Congratulations!  You have worked hard to get where you are and leaving on your own terms.  I'm happy for you!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Thank you!!!!!!

Sitting here at my desk one last time at the office I've been coming to for so many years.  I'm reflecting on all the memories I have and will keep from this place.  Lots of ups and downs, laughs and cries, moments that I will cherish forever.

Retiring at 50 is something not many get to do and I'm so lucky.  And while its sad in many ways, to leave friends and coworkers that I've known for 2 decades, its also a celebration.  A chance to look back at all the things I did and was a part of to make my workplace succeed.  

Some here have figured out where I work and I know you do.  i tried to not say where out of concern over people coming at me by using my employer.  But now I dont' really care.

I work(ed) for Fairfax Water.  The NoVa water utility that supplies most of the water for the Va part of the DC area.  Over 1.4 million people I think is the last number.  I have been associated with them since 1990.  Full times since Dec 1993.  The last 24 years I've worked as a surveyor.  This job had me working outdoors in all sorts of conditions.  Rain, snow, heat, cold.  Hence my love for weather and stumbling on this place(EasternWx) back in 2006ish.  My workplace has provided me so many good things that I am thankful for.  The benefits, education, salary all helped me get the things in life most everyone hopes to.  And I am grateful for it.  Its been a long time coming and I've earned the right to walk away now and go enjoy the next chapter in my life.  And thats what this is.  I say goodbye to my employment here but I also say hello to a new phase in my life.  I get to go do things I missed out on.  And it will be fun.  I'm still gonna be here posting and being a goofball.  So I welcome everyone here to join in on the fun and I am more than happy to go hang out with y'all anytime anywhere. 

This gonna be fun!!!! 

giphy (18).gif

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 1:13 PM, blueberryfaygo said:

What kind of work do you do (i you dont mind me asking :))

I'm in government, more on the policy/legal side. 

On 7/14/2021 at 1:23 PM, mappy said:

You've got this friend!

If it makes you feel any better, I have been tasked with running a training session on a new GIS software program, to every single GIS user in my company. So my anxiety is already through the roof and its still months away hahahaha

Thanks, you too!

I do a fair amount of public speaking, and yeah, it can be a lot. 

Also, congrats @H2O on retirement. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Will be spending my week on the eastern shore as my father in law passed away last night. Hoping for some storm free days as part of his service will be outside. Blah 

I’m so sorry this happened. May he Rest In Peace :hug:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mappy said:

Will be spending my week on the eastern shore as my father in law passed away last night. Hoping for some storm free days as part of his service will be outside. Blah 

So sorry to hear that. Sending comforting hugs to you and your family. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mappy said:

So sorry to hear this.  Sending thoughts and prayers your family's way. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

So sorry, map. Will hold a thought for you and your family. 

5 hours ago, H2O said:

I’m so sorry this happened. May he Rest In Peace :hug:

4 hours ago, Bodhi Cove said:

So sorry to hear that. Sending comforting hugs to you and your family. 

57 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

So sorry to hear this.  Sending thoughts and prayers your family's way. 

Thank you all

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I started out a few hours ago as the cells were developing to my east, and ended up on one of the toughest chases I’ve ever done. I came to a flooded road in Willington and stopped there. Basically a river cut through a property and across the road. I tried to get the road closed to no avail (no first responders showed up), and was able to stop some drivers. Most just kept going.

A motorcyclist almost got washed away and a car nearly lost control. I tried reporting to BOX but idk if they got the report as the FFW said radar indicated…

Ff7q18H.jpg

jhKT16L.jpg

NiPFRRo.jpg

Went up further to Ashford and it was even worse. Multiple sections of the area were shut down. At this location a guy actually asked me to help remove the barricade so he could drive through AS THE WATER WAS RISING ON THE ROAD. 

djC1Le0.jpg

I was soaking wet and quite frankly shaken by the foolishness I saw, but I was able to help people, send reports to first responders and media, I have some pretty incredible video.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

It's amazing at how ignorant some people are.  I really hope that others didn't get in trouble after you left, but I bet many tried to cross through the water. 

I stayed until the water receded to the point you could see the road again. That’s not even the worst flooding I saw. It’s incredible up here. Truly dangerous stuff.

11 minutes ago, H2O said:

Still warm out. Prolly crack 90 here. Yay. Last B meet will be warm. 

No more B meets for us. We start the season with a B meet and end with an A meet.

We host divisionals this Saturday, which is going to be a show. I'm taking the day off on Friday to watch the girls while the wife gets ready for concessions...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

No more B meets for us. We start the season with a B meet and end with an A meet.

We host divisionals this Saturday, which is going to be a show. I'm taking the day off on Friday to watch the girls while the wife gets ready for concessions...

All I’m taking away from these posts is to steer my daughter away from competitive swimming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic