Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
July Banter 2021

George BM

15 hours ago, CAPE said:

Anxiety can be a bitch. Get a clonazepam script from your doc. It's the shit for making you feel relaxed and ready to roll with anything, whatever the source of anxiety is.

Ive been using CBD a lot more often these days to help, does seem to take the edge off!

• Like 4

I am not early retirement fancy like H20, but with the second child starting his second year at college, the better half and I are musing about down-sizing.  Probably with an eye toward selling next spring. Not sure I want to buy again around here at our age (cough50cough) when we will want to eventually retire and live elsewhere. But that means maybe the freedom to rent for awhile, which brings me to this - anecdotally (and acknowledging that it is next year I am musing about) - anyone up in the Carroll County/Balt County/Harford County areas got an idea what the home rental markets/availabilities are like in general up that way? My wife teaches currently in a Balt County independent school so moving north in search of a little cooler temps and better snow chance is a thing I can dream on a bit while we figure out the longer range gameplan for retirement years. 

18 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I am not early retirement fancy like H20, but with the second child starting his second year at college, the better half and I are musing about down-sizing.  Probably with an eye toward selling next spring. Not sure I want to buy again around here at our age (cough50cough) when we will want to eventually retire and live elsewhere. But that means maybe the freedom to rent for awhile, which brings me to this - anecdotally (and acknowledging that it is next year I am musing about) - anyone up in the Carroll County/Balt County/Harford County areas got an idea what the home rental markets/availabilities are like in general up that way? My wife teaches currently in a Balt County independent school so moving north in search of a little cooler temps and better snow chance is a thing I can dream on a bit while we figure out the longer range gameplan for retirement years. 

Ive seen quite a few homes for sale in my area, ranging from 300K upwards to a million. Ill keep an eye out for you!

9 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Much appreciated!  That's promising. Ideally, I will be looking for a rental when the time comes, but perhaps the right opportunity would pique an interest to buy again. 

I haven't noticed many rentals, but I see people post a lot on the hereford facebook group about homes for sale, so Ill keep an eye out for any rentals that pop up. 

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

I know a few single family homes which are rented around me.  Nothing fancy, but I think they are around.  Might make sense to use a real estate agent to look for rentals for you to make the job a little easier. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

We just decided to that we are gonna buy a new home this spring..  I am thinking Georgetown Delaware or Berlin MD.  I want to be close to the ocean... but I want to live just outside the high dollar vacation communities!  

In terms of retirement, my plan is to retire in to the federal government.  i have been a contractor for 12 years now and it has become very clear that you can get a fed job and not really do anything.  Maybe do like 2 or 3 meetings a day and send some emails or something and you can get a comfy 6 figure salary with really good benefits. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, H2O said:

Speaking of retirement.  Tomorrow is my last day.  Then 

Freedom Im Free GIF - Freedom Free ImFree - Discover & Share GIFs

17 minutes ago, mappy said:

Happy Retirement Day @H2O!!!!

Good morning H2O and congratulations. Now you can live your screen name. Float in the air, move in any direction on the whims of a breeze, mist, pour, drizzle, freeze and evaporate according to your desire. As always ….. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning H2O and congratulations. Now you can live your screen name. Float in the air, move in any direction on the whims of a breeze, mist, pour, drizzle, freeze and evaporate according to your desire. As always ….. 

I bet you that he gets so bored in a few weeks that he gets a job as a Wal-Mart greeter.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mappy said:

Happy Retirement Day @H2O!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

Sitting here at my desk one last time at the office I've been coming to for so many years.  I'm reflecting on all the memories I have and will keep from this place.  Lots of ups and downs, laughs and cries, moments that I will cherish forever.

Retiring at 50 is something not many get to do and I'm so lucky.  And while its sad in many ways, to leave friends and coworkers that I've known for 2 decades, its also a celebration.  A chance to look back at all the things I did and was a part of to make my workplace succeed.  

Some here have figured out where I work and I know you do.  i tried to not say where out of concern over people coming at me by using my employer.  But now I dont' really care.

I work(ed) for Fairfax Water.  The NoVa water utility that supplies most of the water for the Va part of the DC area.  Over 1.4 million people I think is the last number.  I have been associated with them since 1990.  Full times since Dec 1993.  The last 24 years I've worked as a surveyor.  This job had me working outdoors in all sorts of conditions.  Rain, snow, heat, cold.  Hence my love for weather and stumbling on this place(EasternWx) back in 2006ish.  My workplace has provided me so many good things that I am thankful for.  The benefits, education, salary all helped me get the things in life most everyone hopes to.  And I am grateful for it.  Its been a long time coming and I've earned the right to walk away now and go enjoy the next chapter in my life.  And thats what this is.  I say goodbye to my employment here but I also say hello to a new phase in my life.  I get to go do things I missed out on.  And it will be fun.  I'm still gonna be here posting and being a goofball.  So I welcome everyone here to join in on the fun and I am more than happy to go hang out with y'all anytime anywhere. 

This gonna be fun!!!! 

• Like 18

33 minutes ago, H2O said:

Thank you!!!!!!

Sitting here at my desk one last time at the office I've been coming to for so many years.  I'm reflecting on all the memories I have and will keep from this place.  Lots of ups and downs, laughs and cries, moments that I will cherish forever.

Retiring at 50 is something not many get to do and I'm so lucky.  And while its sad in many ways, to leave friends and coworkers that I've known for 2 decades, its also a celebration.  A chance to look back at all the things I did and was a part of to make my workplace succeed.  

Some here have figured out where I work and I know you do.  i tried to not say where out of concern over people coming at me by using my employer.  But now I dont' really care.

I work(ed) for Fairfax Water.  The NoVa water utility that supplies most of the water for the Va part of the DC area.  Over 1.4 million people I think is the last number.  I have been associated with them since 1990.  Full times since Dec 1993.  The last 24 years I've worked as a surveyor.  This job had me working outdoors in all sorts of conditions.  Rain, snow, heat, cold.  Hence my love for weather and stumbling on this place(EasternWx) back in 2006ish.  My workplace has provided me so many good things that I am thankful for.  The benefits, education, salary all helped me get the things in life most everyone hopes to.  And I am grateful for it.  Its been a long time coming and I've earned the right to walk away now and go enjoy the next chapter in my life.  And thats what this is.  I say goodbye to my employment here but I also say hello to a new phase in my life.  I get to go do things I missed out on.  And it will be fun.  I'm still gonna be here posting and being a goofball.  So I welcome everyone here to join in on the fun and I am more than happy to go hang out with y'all anytime anywhere. 

This gonna be fun!!!! 

Suddenly your display name makes sense.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic