Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
July Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Multiple Costco runs per week for us, but I wonder if we could get an RD membership as concessions leads for a pool. Hmmm...

Yeah, helping with concessions pretty intense. Our pool is known for its concessions (especially our travelling tacos and breakfast burritos), and the wife has been in the pool house or in meetings for prep, execution, and clean up for upwards of 30 hours per week the last month. I've been making Costco and the random Giant/Safeway runs to help out. Nothing like when you realize 30 minutes before a B Meet that one major item was left off the list and you need to run out at the last minute to grab that one thing. Ugh... 

I'd stick with Costco.  Avoid RD if you can.  Your soul will thank you.

We didn't offer too much beyond what you'd expect.  But it meant that we had to get specific things that only RD had.  Like 5oz frozen patties.  Not 8 or 3.  8s took too long, 3s burned into hockey pucks.  bags and bags of ice and being told to go get 30 packs of soda at giant cause it was buy 4 get 8 free or some shit like that.  Oh and the parfaits my wife would make.  What do you mean I got the wrong granola?  Its effing granola.  

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

i didnt read his comment that way. 

Well I'm just going with the idea that it used to be his turf and while he's good with me there I might need to stay in his good graces or he will god of war and vengeance me.

• Haha 1

FYI: The state of Maryland is offering a vaccine scholarship promotion for kids 12-17 who got/get vaccinated

https://mhec.maryland.gov/Pages/vaxU-scholarship-promotion.aspx

Must have gotten vaccinated at a state run site and not a federally run one

Between July 12, 2021 and September 5, 2021 two winners will be selected each Monday. On September 6, 2021, four winners will be selected.

Winners will receive $50k in the form of a scholarship

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, H2O said:

I'd stick with Costco.  Avoid RD if you can.  Your soul will thank you.

We didn't offer too much beyond what you'd expect.  But it meant that we had to get specific things that only RD had.  Like 5oz frozen patties.  Not 8 or 3.  8s took too long, 3s burned into hockey pucks.  bags and bags of ice and being told to go get 30 packs of soda at giant cause it was buy 4 get 8 free or some shit like that.  Oh and the parfaits my wife would make.  What do you mean I got the wrong granola?  Its effing granola.  

Oh yeah...I hear you on grabbing all the sodas when you get them for $1 a case or something. I'm all about profit margin on this shite.

We do the 1/4 lb Costco patties. A lot of the standard stuff, as well - hot dogs, candy, snow cones, drinks - but we have a neighborhood family who offered to make breakfast burritos for A Meets. Those things are MONEY.

Travelling tacos (taco meat and toppings served in bags of Doritos or Fritos) are probably the biggest seller for us. Amazingly, Cup Noodles sell like hotcakes to the bigger kids, even on 95-degree B Meet afternoons. Kids are so weird.

We're talking about doing pancake-sausage roll-ups next year...

tenor.gif?itemid=13030909

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Oh yeah...I hear you on grabbing all the sodas when you get them for $1 a case or something. I'm all about profit margin on this shite.

We do the 1/4 lb Costco patties. A lot of the standard stuff, as well - hot dogs, candy, snow cones, drinks - but we have a neighborhood family who offered to make breakfast burritos for A Meets. Those things are MONEY.

Travelling tacos (taco meat and toppings served in bags of Doritos or Fritos) are probably the biggest seller for us. Amazingly, Cup Noodles sell like hotcakes to the bigger kids, even on 95-degree B Meet afternoons. Kids are so weird.

We're talking about doing pancake-sausage roll-ups next year...

tenor.gif?itemid=13030909

traveling goddamn tacos...this is why the god of vengeance and war or whatnot suddenly appeared

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, mappy said:

I ilke this Heru Ra Ha guy/girl

6 hours ago, Heru Ra Ha said:

My Family owned Rose Hill and sold it in the mid twentieth century for Florida money. To me, you're living on my land; technically you're under my protection. I like you. No worries, my good man.

5 hours ago, H2O said:

I'm not sure I like being told I'm a serf or that he's basically my pimp.  

Good evening folks. There’s a screen play in this. The MA forum may have to charge admission during the cold season. As always ….

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, H2O said:

It is 93.1 with a heat index 110. Uuuuuggggghhhh

How was the relay carnival? Conditions were bad for us - the swim club is the size of a postage stamp, so there was no room to sit comfortably, and it was surrounded by woods so no air movement whatsoever.

We came in second place overall though, which was a really good result given that we didn't even swim in a few heats.

Just now, mattie g said:

How was the relay carnival? Conditions were bad for us - the swim club is the size of a postage stamp, so there was no room to sit comfortably, and it was surrounded by woods so no air movement whatsoever.

We came in second place overall though, which was a really good result given that we didn't even swim in a few heats.

Hot and muggy.  There was a point early on when I got a whiff of this one somewhat larger dude and wished there was a breeze.  There was none.

The one we were at was small as well.  Tiny and no shade until after 7.  We got done in just around two hours so wasn't bad.  The usual DQs in the little kid events but meet ran well.  Kids were loud which made it tough to hear and talk to other parents/officials at times.

We got second as well.  Tied for it actually.  Was surprised as well and happy cause we didn't get many 1sts.  2-4ths I guess carried us.  

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Burke Center - they run two teams (both of which are CSL)

Gotcha - we're a couple miles from there.

There's a family who joined our pool based on the fact that the U8 boy had to try out for Burke Centre and he couldn't even swim across the pool at the start of the season! The mom is a big swimmer, so she really wanted him to be on a team. He's actually done really well to get where he is now. That's the big benefit of a lower-division team - giving kids without much experience the chance to swim.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic