• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Banter 2021

George BM

Happy 4th of July everyone!  My plan for the day while smoking ribs then blowing sh!t up later…if you don’t know the story, Port City lost power during the derecho in 2012 and instead of tossing the lager they had brewing after they lost power they converted it to California Steam beer style ala Anchor Steam, one of my favorite, and original craft breweries in the US.  Have a great day everyone!

C361E334-9F5E-4DB5-B6C9-9BFAB3D222F8.jpeg

• Like 3

Baby Yoda:

And so it begins.

NWS George BM Headquarters

Immediate Broadcast

434PM EDT July 4 2021

Severe Thunderstorm Warning in effect for central and eastern Garrett County, Allegany County and central and western Washington county in Maryland, for northern and central Mineral County, northern Hampshire County, Morgan County and northern Berkeley County in West Virginia and for northern Fredrick County in Virginia until 530PM EDT.

At 433PM EDT, severe thunderstorms were located along a line extending from southeastern Fayette County in Pennsylvania to northern Bedford County in Pennsylvania moving southeast at 50 mph.

Hazards:

80 MPH WIND GUSTS AND QUARTER SIZED HAIL

These are very dangerous storms which could cause structural damage to buildings, flying debris and extensive tree damage. Stay inside and away from windows and be on the lowest floor in the interior of your house.

X: Aaaaaaand I’m in the southwestern part of VA on a one-day trip to visit my in-laws. I’ve not left the area for over a year and the one day I do legit severe final shows its asst up. Y’all enjoy up there. :rolleyes:

Lwxkm: Already a lot of wind damage reports coming in from southwestern PA.

Hourlylurker: I got the generator ‘Ready for Freddy’! LFG!

TheriskisHIGH:                  I can’t believe that I’m saying this but this event has a real chance at being worse than the 2012 derecho in the region. This is looking like a high-end severe wind event, the likes of which the Midwest/Plains may see once every year or two. No one should be on the road when this hits. All firework shows in the affected areas should be postponed. The bad thing about this is that there was not much lead time at all for a potential event of this magnitude. It was only late this morning that the public started being made aware of the danger today. Stay safe this afternoon and evening.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Mrs. J: Just got an EAS on my phone! Scared the living daylights outta me.

Losttoa6: Whoa! An EAS for a Severe Thunderstorm Warning?

Baby Yoda: :o STW for 90 mph wind gusts and half-dollar size hail! This includes pretty much everyone Gaithersburg, Leesburg, Purcellville and all areas of MD northwest until 6pm. Warning has the line moving at 70mph! The storms are still in PA about to cross the MD/PA line.

Joe the Eskimo: @Baby Yoda 

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

TrickC: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Wind is the most useless kind of weather.

Alpha: Wow! Do ANY of you actually own a house? Why are you all simping for death and destruction? Losers.

Hourlylurker: @Alpha Yeah no. This is a place where people have a passion for experiencing extreme weather, some more than others. Someone’s want for storms has zero effect on what happens with Mother Nature.

NWBaltimore: Getting pounded by very large hail here now with this supercell. Probably Golfball sized.

ETA: It just got tornado warned.

Alpha: @Hourlylurker Great to see that you have no compassion for others. I’ve gone through hurricanes down here. Many of them last year. Why would you psychopaths want any of the death and heartache that comes with storms of this magnitude?

Baby Yoda: Tornado Warning now on the Baltimore supercell. Radar indicated but there is a growing couplet over Forest Park Golf Course moving towards Franklin.

Hourlylurker: @Alpha Lol! So, if you have any kind of fascination of experiencing big storms you’re a human hating psychopath. Got it!

KW: @Alpha If you’re just going to come here to call people names expect your posts to disappear quick.

Alpha: Whatever. I’ll go join the adults back in my subforum now.

Midatlanticwx: @Alpha

Lucha Libre Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Dr. Reaper: Alpha, no one here is gloating over the number of deaths that occur in a storm. A lot of people on here enjoy the thrill of experiencing big storms. Yes, they can sometimes damage or destroy neighborhoods. They can sometimes lead to loss of life. But I VERY HIGHLY doubt that people are on here thinking “Yes, let’s see how expensive this storm may be for life and property around my area. I’m excited to see the death toll from these storms.” No. We only enjoy the thrill of experiencing a powerful storm… the kind you hear about on the radio and/or on the news. Yes, it would be preferable if storms only hit low population zones like, for example, tornadoes mowing over open fields in the Great Plains. But powerful storms do hit populated regions due to random chaos. Storms were around long before we humans were. They are just a force of nature that doesn’t give one lick about how you or I or anyone feels about them.

PrinceFredrick: That couplet by Baltimore is starting to look stronger.

Baby Yoda:

NWS George BM Headquarters

Flash Flood Watch in effect until midnight EDT tonight.

A line of severe thunderstorms will move through our region from northwest to southeast through the afternoon and evening. Although the line will be moving quickly Pwats of up to 2.5 inches will allow these storms to have very heavy rainfall rates. A quick 1.5 to 3 inches of rain could fall as they move through.  Locally higher amounts of 4+ inches are possible wherever the line becomes oriented more parallel to the flow. This is most likely in the Shenandoah Valley and up towards Baltimore and southeastwards across the bay.

Rivers and streams may rise very quickly out of their banks. Always turn around and do not drown.

Mattie: @Baby Yoda A couple inches isn’t enough to save us from the catastrophic drought.

PrinceFredrick: @Dr. Reaper Nah. We all know that @Waterboy was around well before the first storm landed on this earth. :D

Waterboy: @PrinceFredrick 

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Mrs. J: Nonstop disco lightning here now. About 5 minutes away from getting hit.

• Haha 4

EastCoastDesert: All I’m asking for is enough rain for me to not have to water my garden this evening.

ETA: I’m starting to hear the roar to my north w/ the gust front probably still 2-3 miles away. :wacko:

Mrs. J: Sweet mother of pearl! I’m going to the basement!

Baby Yoda: @Mrs. J Stay safe!

Lwxkm: 100-120+mph velocity estimates in her zone. :o

NWBaltimore: Okay, the power just came back on here so I’m just now hearing about the tornado reports through Morrell Park. I have big tree limbs down IMBY with a few trees down throughout the neighborhood. That’s a nasty looking bookend vortex developing to my northwest. We’re just getting started here. 

Losttoa6: Wow! The storm started about 5 minutes ago here and I’m contemplating going to my basement. Winds probably 80-90+mph with many trees already down everywhere I look and huge limbs flying everywhere! I don’t know how I still have power. Aaaand there it goes just as I type this lol.

ETA: Just heard glass shatter! into the basement I go.

Ji: This storm is using up all of our HECS jojo for the next decade. Mega-disaster as usual.

Baby Yoda: The STW across northwestern areas just got updated now saying 100mph wind gusts and half-dollar hail. :lmao:

George BM: @Baby Yoda 

1975735092_GeorgetheWeenie.thumb.png.104dc0eb1a5053ee7988f70354f7626b.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

NA101: Oh man its about to hit me here. I HATE big wind. I’ll just hang out in my basement and hope the house isn’t completely screwed up when I come back out.

George BM: I have a few minutes left before it hits here. You can see all the layers of pancakes above the shelf cloud on the horizon here. I can’t even see the bottom of the shelf yet (trees in the way) but it’s only about 3-4 minutes away.

ETA: And now I’m hearing the distance roar.

Hold On GIF

NoVaWx: My goodness! Trees falling all over the place and BIG limbs flying through the air! I’m even seeing some siding flying around! Power is gone!

Waterboy: I brought in everything that can be blown away. I’m debating bringing my pillows into the downstair bathroom.

George BM: Unreal winds here now! These seem like 70-80+ mph gusts to me. Trees are falling everywhere!

ETA: Whiteout rains have just hit and the winds have increased further (90+ mph)! The house is making all kinds of noise I’ve never heard it make before.

Snowenoverthere: Well there goes all of the firework shows for tonight. :weep:

Hourlylurker: All these adrenline-pumping reports to my northwest! Christmas in July! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Go Go Go Running GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is my birthday, weenies, and I demand that you celebrate this day with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one end of the Mid-Atlantic to the other.

I shall also accept payment via Venmo, and Bitcoin, and sudden rapid intensification of a tropical cyclone.

• Like 15
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It is my birthday, weenies, and I demand that you celebrate this day with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one end of the Mid-Atlantic to the other.

I shall also accept payment via Venmo, and Bitcoin, and sudden rapid intensification of a tropical cyclone.

Hope you have a great day!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Happy birthday!  I have had 5 delicious miller lites and sand in places there shouldn’t be sand. Now be nice to your elders and send ME money instead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Happy Birthday. 007, If the attached comes true, tomorrow, 7AF08DD5-0BE8-447E-8C05-05A10A04B282.thumb.jpeg.480a8fccd721fc039e4f2028b1cfecdc.jpegI’ll probably be burned at the stake. If so the Reaper gets my ashes. As always ….

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Happy Birthday! Lots of summer birthdays here I guess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Happy Birthday and many more to come 007!  Appreciate everything you do for the forum and our hobby, profession, and/or cursed obsession that we all enjoy so much.  

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic