Soon...

NWS George BM Headquarters

July 4 2021 250PM EDT

Severe Thunderstorm Watch in effect until 10pm edt

*Particularly Dangerous Situation*

Hazards:

Widespread damaging winds and scattered significant gusts to 105mph expected

A few tornadoes possible

Scattered large hail events w/ isolated very large hail events to 3 inches in diameter possible

Discussion:

Storms starting to develop over southewestern PA and southeastern OH will quickly organize into an intense MCS an accelerate southeastwards through the watch area. With extreme to excessive instability, record high Pwats and large DCAPE downbursts and microbursts within the line will be able to bring down high-end severe, hurricane-force wind gusts. Any supercells that manage to form ahead of the main line given the 35-45+kt effective bulk shear and 150-200m2/s2 will be capable of producing all hazards (tornadoes/wind/hail) with the potential for very large hail to perhaps giant hail.

Stormtops: 700

Mean storm motion vector: 31055

image.thumb.png.6aace71791646c651e22896379324e0f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 5

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Site looks nice. Good work @stormtracker

Now... how do we increase our ranks?

It’s so fast! I do like it. It’s easier to click some things too on mobile.

Edit: One thing I will say, on mobile at least, the title of the thread isn’t visible as it’s white. It is there though, as I can copy and paste it. I guess the logo at the top left is white too, as I can barely see the outline of the lightning bolt. Maybe still a work in progress so far, but I like it.

Upgrade is very nice!

Any word on the tornado surveys in Arlington yet?  Driving around the neighborhood is quite impressive with debris just about everywhere.  Saw several large limbs on parked cars.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Upgrade is very nice!

Any word on the tornado surveys in Arlington yet?  Driving around the neighborhood is quite impressive with debris just about everywhere.  Saw several large limbs on parked cars.

The overnight survey was inconclusive and they are looking again today. Might be worth tweeting at the NWS if you think your 'hood has tornado damage. I tried to point them towards Waverly Hills/Cherrydale on Twitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

The overnight survey was inconclusive and they are looking again today. Might be worth tweeting at the NWS if you think your 'hood has tornado damage. I tried to point them towards Waverly Hills/Cherrydale on Twitter.

I’m no expert but here looks like straight line wind damage.  Uprooted trees and such.  I had never seen the wind come “up” my street from the south though.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic