• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday, June 30, 2021 Severe Potential

weatherwiz

Wednesday features yet another day of high heat and humidity for many, however, this time that energy is liable to be utilized as a weak surface trough/associated surface low pressure track from north-central NY through north-central New England. The combination of temperatures ranging from upper 80's to mid 90's and dewpoints pushing lower 70's will contribute to a moderate unstable airmass with MLCAPE values likely exceeding 1500-2000 J/KG despite poor mid-level lapse rates. Forecast models also indicate a belt of 50+ knots at 500mb traversing portions of the region with 25-30+ knots of low-level shear. 

Scattered-to-numerous thunderstorms should begin to rapidly fire by mid-to-late afternoon with activity quickly converging into multiple line segments. Wind shear is more than sufficient for activity to quickly organize into multiple lines. Combination of strong wind shear, moderate instability, and very steep low-level lapse rates will bring about the potential for damaging wind gusts, including a swath of widespread damaging wind gusts. Large CAPE, especially in the hail growth zone, will also bring about the potential for large hail, especially early on in storm mode. This will also contribute to vivid/frequent cloud-to-ground lightning. A tornado or two is also possible...especially along any llvl convergence zones. PWATS > 1.50'' suggest the potential for poor drainage flash flooding. 

Thursday also has potential but tomorrow will play a factor into that.

• Like 7

Wednesday features yet another day of high heat and humidity for many, however, this time that energy is liable to be utilized as a weak surface trough/associated surface low pressure track from north-central NY through north-central New England. The combination of temperatures ranging from upper 80's to mid 90's and dewpoints pushing lower 70's will contribute to a moderate unstable airmass with MLCAPE values likely exceeding 1500-2000 J/KG despite poor mid-level lapse rates. Forecast models also indicate a belt of 50+ knots at 500mb traversing portions of the region with 25-30+ knots of low-level shear. 
Scattered-to-numerous thunderstorms should begin to rapidly fire by mid-to-late afternoon with activity quickly converging into multiple line segments. Wind shear is more than sufficient for activity to quickly organize into multiple lines. Combination of strong wind shear, moderate instability, and very steep low-level lapse rates will bring about the potential for damaging wind gusts, including a swath of widespread damaging wind gusts. Large CAPE, especially in the hail growth zone, will also bring about the potential for large hail, especially early on in storm mode. This will also contribute to vivid/frequent cloud-to-ground lightning. A tornado or two is also possible...especially along any llvl convergence zones. PWATS > 1.50'' suggest the potential for poor drainage flash flooding. 
Thursday also has potential but tomorrow will play a factor into that.

meh, I'm inclined to think we get nada

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Since this gentleman was already quoted once today up thread:

Anthony Siciliano

@AMSweather

·

12m

New run of The NAM high res, Sim Radar for tomorrow afternoon. Tough for models or humans to pinpoint storms , confidence is there for an active, potentially dangerous day for some communities.

• Like 2

18z NAM a little more generous with the shear down into Mass, CAPE gone wild. Also looking like more of a west wind which could be an interesting ingredient. 

I'm thinking NE CT, southern Worcester County, northern RI, into Bristol County for the best/worst of it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Since this gentleman was already quoted once today up thread:

Anthony Siciliano

@AMSweather

·

12m

New run of The NAM high res, Sim Radar for tomorrow afternoon. Tough for models or humans to pinpoint storms , confidence is there for an active, potentially dangerous day for some communities.

Let's go!

1 hour ago, PowderBeard said:

18z NAM a little more generous with the shear down into Mass, CAPE gone wild. Also looking like more of a west wind which could be an interesting ingredient. 

I'm thinking NE CT, southern Worcester County, northern RI, into Bristol County for the best/worst of it.

Ya I am NOT liking this radar.  Waiting for a Tornado Warning to come out.  

5 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Ya I am NOT liking this radar.  Waiting for a Tornado Warning to come out.  

I was actually referencing tomorrow in that post lol

Looks like something trying to brew between Wallum Lake and 146 on velocity. Funny, a FB memory from 10 years ago popped up today. We were night fishing on Wallum and got chased off around 2am by a memorable light storm. 

3 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Just the lavarock section. Forcefield in place

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Seems like the Central NH east into at least Southern Maine gets shafted much of the time.  I'm fully expecting the storms to fire just south of me and then hit S NH and Mass hard.

10 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Probably a good guess, I was thinking maybe somewhere in Kansas or Missouri

Depends what your definition of creamed and large city is. Dallas, suburbs of Chicago (just a few weeks ago) and Dayton, OH have been hit more recently. But I would put Joplin, Tuscaloosa, and Moore ahead of all those. 

6 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Depends what your definition of creamed and large city is. Dallas, suburbs of Chicago (just a few weeks ago) and Dayton, OH have been hit more recently. But I would put Joplin, Tuscaloosa, and Moore ahead of all those. 

I was thinking of a congested city with high rises and office buildings.