Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
SVR/FF potential late today-Friday June 29-July 2, 2021

wdrag

2.84" in Jersey City

0.19 at 6pm to give you an idea how heavy the rain was. Rain ended about 9pm. Flooding everywhere in the low lying areas. 

Manholes turned into geysers in some areas. One area actually sent chunks of asphalt flying into the air. I was a little bit upset with that storm sitting west of me, until it decided to pay me a visit and park right overhead. Pure craziness. 

• Like 2

Let's add on:  Some of these entire thread event #'s will be big in our subforum.  Isolated max rainfall 1-1.5"today and again  tomorrow, embedded within bands of showers, especially where some sun can break through and warm it up a bit.

IF it's thunder, especially 2P-8P, could be some small hailers, and I think a better chance for small hailers tomorrow afternoon when it heats up a little AND gusty northwest winds to 40 kt possible ne PA/NJ/se NYS where we start getting on the back side of the trough. 

Added on PRELIM event rainfall via CoCoRAHS only. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 7.28.38 AM.png

Rainfall numbers beginning with Wed afternoon-eve (29th but posted the morning of the 30th) up in NYS-CT through the CoCoRaHs received obs this morning.  Will add the updated Saturday #'s tomorrow.  Decent rainfall and I thought a good forecast from WPC - attached example and the conservative multi sensor analysis through 12z/3 (1" short in parts of CT se NYS).  The GFS op tends to be seemingly prolific, yet--- GFS implications are spotty max amounts as indicated and pretty good!

fwiw:  have seen 5.5" near Nyack NY on wx underground.  Probably a few more 5+ around. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 10.53.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 10.54.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 2.08.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 11.04.51 AM.png

• Rjay unpinned this topic