• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SVR/FF potential late today-Friday June 29-July 2, 2021

wdrag

I contacted UPTON with the included footage of previous captures. The uncompressed file is extremely sharp depicting the circulation and movement of debris as it evolves from east to west until dissipation. 

If someone can point me to a web based streaming service or allocate upload forum bandwidth toward such, I would contribute.

So I'm in the process of putting the RAW video from the iphone into vimeo, may take some time and I have been shuffling with other obligations during this evening, remote work from home included. It was an interesting evening with the storms in Queens as they developed to backbuild and amid the boundaries at the surface, and apparently to cloud base there was enough for a spin-up. My location avoided much of the flooding just north of here however every cell has a base, and apparently I was right under one. 

A very anomalous day with local boundaries galore from antecedent convection, an approaching vort max which seems to disrupt a very unstable airmass in a flow that isn't anything but sailing along. It's an atmospheric tug of war between the vorticity max to the west and the WAR to our east.

Wantage NJ had a real rate of almost 4"/hr around 830P.  rainfall today 1.42,  with 0.8" in less than 30 minutes this eve.

Added SVR reports from this afternoon...D3 of SVR in our area...  might have hailers this weekend?  and looks to me like spotty 5-7" rainfall on digital storm totals past two days near NYC.  Numbers should be impressive. Overall, seems to have been well modeled by the GFS operationally at thread issue time and prior.  EC was a little slow to catch on, as it may be with Elsa?

More tomorrow morning.  Have a night and hopefully you're not flooding. 

Walt

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 9.21.54 PM.png

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic