Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
wdrag

9 minutes ago, user13 said:

Wow the wind is really ripping.

How is this not warned

NO WARNING BECAUSE R2D2 AUTOMATON VOICES {KWO-35} DO NOT WORK AFTER DARK.   lol.

Seriously, this cell just skipped by to my north with a little rain here and the fireworks went off with the Amusement Area mostly empty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, user13 said:

Its crazy how much water we get here and the west is so dry

Very difficult to keep any long term dry pattern going here. We always snap right back to wet after any dry stretch. Lots of ways for tropical systems, Gulf moisture, Atlantic moisture, instability etc to fire things up. Many summers do have a south shore dry season where storms fire up all the time inland but die out before reaching the coast. Not this year obviously. 

12 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Very difficult to keep any long term dry pattern going here. We always snap right back to wet after any dry stretch. Lots of ways for tropical systems, Gulf moisture, Atlantic moisture, instability etc to fire things up. Many summers do have a south shore dry season where storms fire up all the time inland but die out before reaching the coast. Not this year obviously. 

Yeah for sure and we also get the big winter storms and fall and spring rain Noreasters.
All our resivors are at like 100%

Feel like we have been getting wetter and wetter

7 minutes ago, user13 said:

Yeah for sure and we also get the big winter storms and fall and spring rain Noreasters.
All our resivor are at like 100%

Feel like we have been getting wetter and wetter

Yeah, wish there was a way to ship all this water to where it's needed. Like I thought my backyard was a muddy pit when I got back this afternoon from Long Beach. Psv88 said it best when he mentioned swarms of mosquitoes in a few weeks. 

Apparently there was hail in Long Beach from a storm yesterday. That would've been insane since it almost never happens on the south shore. I can think of maybe one time I ever saw hail there and it was pea size. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, user13 said:

We get warning for garden showers here

Coming from the man who lives in the tornado capitol of the nyc metro :P 

That thing tried really hard to wrap around its outflow boundary over S.I/Bayonne - awesome to see. I said the same thing.. "how is it not warned" until I saw it was packing maybe 25-35mph winds haha. Lightning was awesome

• Like 1

The next 8 days are averaging 79degs.(72/86), or +1.0.

Month to date is  74.8[-2.0].       Should be  76.8[-0.6] by the 18th.

Clouds, new rains keeping T lower than it could be.

72*(90%RH) here at 6am, m. clear, scattered thin clouds.

Several stations just had their wettest first 9 days of July on record. So it’s no surprise that July is off to a cooler start. Seems like the only way to keep our summer temperatures down these days is to have a deluge.

EWR….+0.6…..4.75

NYC…..-2.1……6.79

LGA……-2.0…..4.74

JFK……-1.1…….3.72

BDR…….-2.1…..7.63

ISP………-1.3.…4.58

Morning thoughts…

It will be partly sunny and warm. Temperatures will likely reach the upper 70s and lower 80s in most places today.  Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 79°

Newark: 84°

Philadelphia: 83°

Normals:

New York City: 30-Year: 85.0°; 15-Year: 85.8°

Newark: 30-Year: 87.1°; 15-Year: 88.1°

Philadelphia: 30-Year: 88.0°; 15-Year: 88.9°

Tomorrow will be variably cloudy with some showers.

Extreme heat will topple records in parts of the western United States and also in Northern Africa and Spain this weekend.

• Like 1

Couple of day break before returning to the Florida like pattern.  Mix of sun and clouds Sat and Sun (7/11) with highs in the low to  mid 80s.  Transition to the tropical regime Mon (7/12) and Tue (7/13) as the Western Atlantic ridge builds back west, with those days perhaps more stormy and depending on timing and clouds limited 90's.  BY Wed (7/14) piece of energy is rounding the edge of the 595 DM ridge and its back to the heat. 850 MB temps >18c and perhaps near 20c Thu (7/15) through Sat (7/17).

Have to get through weakness in the ridge that should bring more storms and perhaps a onshore flow for a period in the Sun (7/18) and early week of 7/19.   Beyond there the Rockies ridge is still glaring and pieces of that heat machine spreading east in batches.

Timing of the next westward of expansion of the W Atl Ridge likely in the last week of July (7/28) period where there could see a link with the Wsetern / Southwest ridge to really pump the heights and heat.

Overall warm to hot and stormy continues in this Florida like pattern.

The next record WAR pattern this week will have more clouds, convection, and onshore flow than the previous ones. So the high temperature potential will be lower. But the mid to upper 70s Miami dew points will make it feel warmer than the actual temperatures.

17DDD5E0-FE7C-4D5B-A693-75FC54A4D9AB.png.a59051b09cc94d53a1c094557e58479c.png

12 hours ago, Cfa said:

Can’t say I’ve ever seen strong/severe thunderstorms both precede and succeed a Tropical Storm by a matter of hours.

This tropical system was probably more barotropic than what we’re used to. A more tropical and less baroclinic system means minimal air mass boundaries and a less stable atmosphere behind any cold front that existed.

• Like 1