Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 General Discussion

IWXwx

21 minutes ago, Brian D said:

I have yet to get one. Haven't been able to, and I see people have trouble with them in general these days in the reviews. Tell me how it goes with your new purchase.

I bought one in 2010, used it for about 6 years and gave it to a buddy after I got the Davis VP2.  It's still working flawlessly for him apparently.  My Davis VP2 only lasted a few years and then the transponder crapped out lol.  Got another Vue and it's been working great for the last 3 years or so.  Would definitely recommend the Vue.  

3 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

I bought one in 2010, used it for about 6 years and gave it to a buddy after I got the Davis VP2.  It's still working flawlessly for him apparently.  My Davis VP2 only lasted a few years and then the transponder crapped out lol.  Got another Vue and it's been working great for the last 3 years or so.  Would definitely recommend the Vue.  

Thanks. The Vue is the less expensive one I do believe. 

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

Just heard the first cicada of the year (the non 17yr kind), always a sign you're entering the armpit of summer.

Heard the same today, and stopped dead in my tracks.

Its the worst sound for that very reason, and is a bit ahead of schedule. (Usually not until ~2 weeks after the 4th around here).

Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th.
89'd at ORD.  Did make it to 90 at Midway.
Here's an odd fact.  Chicago has officially had highs in the 90s on the 4th a total of 27 times, but has never had a high of 92 degrees on that date.

Add in 90 at old ex home and 91 at RFD.

14 - RFD
14 - Ex home
9 - ORD
9 - MDW

Storms last night were nothing special, but still picked up some needed rain (0.12" arpt, 0.21" in town). They came about an hour after the fireworks. Duluth saw 87 (tied 5th) on the 3rd with 92 (2nd) for the 4th. Another top 5 temp coming today before the dramatic cool down tomorrow with rain. Smoky this morning with CA fires sending smoke (could even smell it) on the NW wind. Air quality alert was issued for today. Pretty good now, tho.