Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Late June Heavy Rain/Severe Threats

Hoosier

17 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I thought we had multiple warnings on the evening of Cristobal last year.  Maybe just close by then?

There's a pic on twitter of a low hanging funnel in Dyer from earlier.  Can't tell if it's a tornado.

Do remember lots of sirens, but can’t recall if two warnings. A bit hazy on memories last year and days of sitting around at home.

1 minute ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

Until a survey is done they put it in as what the NWS sends it as, some of the wind damage from a couple days ago was changed to tornadoes eventually.

I'm not saying it will stay that way, not sure if they will survey it or not. He said trees were down but the images I seen it was just limbs/branches. Just based it on what I seen on radar and while outside. Only about 4 miles from me to my SW. Had some gusty winds just before the warning was issued. Could have been stronger over that way

48 minutes ago, btcs31 said:

Do remember lots of sirens, but can’t recall if two warnings. A bit hazy on memories last year and days of sitting around at home.

I really thought we had a couple.  Not 100% sure though.

Poking around for storm reports, and it seems like there is a relatively concentrated area of tree damage in Dyer south of 30 from the first tornado warned cell.  

There was a tornado near Lucknow ON (credit to Aidan Stevens):

1wn2.jpg

And an insane tornado pic captured near Amberley ON:

Link: 

This was to my west, really close to the shoreline and the most photogenic tornado around here since 2007!! On TWN they were having tech difficulties near the start because they were scrambling to get setup showing the radar and pics. Of course that was my only source of high res radar as raydar.ca just YESTERDAY went offline, great timing!! :arrowhead:The WF delivers once again.

Using this nonsense composite frame I could tell a BWER and tornado touchdown:

j9d0.png

There was also a couplet east of Chatsworth that might have produced as there are damage reports coming out of that region. That was 30 mins before the Amberley/Lucknow tornado.

17 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Tornado sirens going off.

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 830 PM EDT FOR CENTRAL
LIVINGSTON COUNTY...

At 756 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located near Howell, moving east at 25 mph. An additional
thunderstorm capable of producing a tronado was located northwest of
Pinckney.

At the moment the southern signature near Pinckney heading towards Brighton looks far more impressive, could just be proximity to DTX radar though.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Poking around for storm reports, and it seems like there is a relatively concentrated area of tree damage in Dyer south of 30 from the first tornado warned cell.  

I am at the damage area now.  WGN already has a crew out here too.  RC if you're lurking and want a location to pass on, it's near the intersection of Camelot Drive and Knighthood Drive in Dyer.  From what I can tell, it appears to be very localized with trees down/snapped off.  

• Like 2

Here are the Amberley ON tornado photos:

i71d.jpg

4v7h.jpg

It appeared on twitter about a hour ago and TWN also then posted it to their site, I don't know if the twitter user who posted first took the pics since he got the time wrong stating "a hour ago" which is in reality 3.5 hours ago. Reed Timmer caught wind of it and wondered if there was video of it and stated it looks like a scud tag (I've never heard of that). I don't know if that white at the base in the first pic is the inflow or the condensation hasn't reached the bottom. I can't imagine that isn't a tornado, scud isn't that well formed.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/videos/gallery/possible-tornado-causes-damage-in-southern-ontario/2312993038001/6261185701001/most_popular

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I am at the damage area now.  WGN already has a crew out here too.  RC if you're lurking and want a location to pass on, it's near the intersection of Camelot Drive and Knighthood Drive in Dyer.  From what I can tell, it appears to be very localized with trees down/snapped off.  

Based on those street names - hope the beloved Meyers Castle is safe….

6 minutes ago, btcs31 said:

Based on those street names - hope the beloved Meyers Castle is safe….

Meyer's Castle seemed ok.  The damage is in the subdivision south of there.  It was an impulsive decision to go and I felt rushed with waning daylight, but I was struck by how small the damage area seemed.  It went from basically no damage, to what looked like it would've been 70-80 mph winds near that intersection that I mentioned, to nothing again very quickly.  It's possible that I missed some of it though. 

4 hours ago, outflow said:

Port Austin mi 15 miles north of me got bit by an unwarned tornado earlier.  Reports of some possible injuries. I'll have to go tomorrow to see if I can get any pictures

6 non life threatening injuries. Damage pictures look like high end ef1 type damage. 

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTgzMDQwMjkyNTU4OjEwMTU5MTU5MDM4MzQ3NTU5

We got Very lucky up here.  There wasn't a warning for this and based on a similar storm I was following about 8 miles west right before this touched down there was little or no lightning. There was a festival going on in downtown port Austin proper called porchfest where a bunch of bands play music on the larger open porch/front yards of homes in town and people walk place to place. Another 3/4 of a mile north would have taken it through the center of town with lots of people in the open and no real idea of how bad it would get. It could have been a pretty bad situation. 

Btw anyone have the radar loop from around 5-6pm for around the upper thumb of mi? I have radarscope but don't have the yearly subscription for archived products. The storm I was on moved onshore south of caseville with a ground scraping lowering and a decent radar dig but moved offshore without producing. Im curious what the storm by port Austin looked like  since I didn't see anything of note before looking away from my phone to drive home.