Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

3 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@canderson

Who won the contest?

These are the entires ... from a glance it looks like @losetoa6, @Itstrainingtime and @Bubbler86 were closest to the stations. But again I'm not a numbers guy so err to anyone who is!

canderson
Harrisburg 4.2"
Lancaster 5.1" 
York 5.2"
Tamaqua 2.9" 
Williamsport 2.9" 
State College 3.1" 
Chambersburg 5.4"  
Clearfield 1.3"

itstrainingtime
Harrisburg 4.97"
Lancaster 6.09"
York 5.88"
Tamaqua 5.02"
Williamsport 1.96"
State College 2.77"
Chambersburg 5.41"
Clearfield 1.66" 

Bubbler86
Harrisburg 7.1"
Lancaster 6.3" 
York 5.7"
Tamaqua 5.7" 
Williamsport 4.6" 
State College 4.8" 
Chambersburg 6.2"  
Clearfield 4.4"

caveman
Harrisburg:  3.25"
Lancaster:  2.75"
York:  3.10"
Tamaqua:  4.75"
Williamsport:  1.75"
State College: 2.25"
Chambersburg:  4.00"
Clearfield: 1.50"

paweather5
Harrisburg:  8.5
Lancaster:  6 northern,  southern 3 to 4.
York:  northern York 8, southern 4 to 5.
Tamaqua:  7
Williamsport:  2.5
State College: 2.5
Chambersburg:  8 
Clearfield: 3

losetoa6
Harrisburg:  6.9"
Lancaster:  5.8"
York:  6.7"
West York : 7.1"
Tamaqua:  5.4"
Williamsport:  2.7"
State College: 5.0"
Chambersburg:  6.8"
Clearfield: 3.2"
Gettysburg : 6.0"
Carlisle: 6.6"
Dillsburg: 6.2"
Highest lollie ( 9.6")
MBY: 4.7"

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

These are the entires ... from a glance it looks like @losetoa6, @Itstrainingtime and @Bubbler86 were closest to the stations. But again I'm not a numbers guy so err to anyone who is!

canderson
Harrisburg 4.2"
Lancaster 5.1" 
York 5.2"
Tamaqua 2.9" 
Williamsport 2.9" 
State College 3.1" 
Chambersburg 5.4"  
Clearfield 1.3"

itstrainingtime
Harrisburg 4.97"
Lancaster 6.09"
York 5.88"
Tamaqua 5.02"
Williamsport 1.96"
State College 2.77"
Chambersburg 5.41"
Clearfield 1.66" 

Bubbler86
Harrisburg 7.1"
Lancaster 6.3" 
York 5.7"
Tamaqua 5.7" 
Williamsport 4.6" 
State College 4.8" 
Chambersburg 6.2"  
Clearfield 4.4"

caveman
Harrisburg:  3.25"
Lancaster:  2.75"
York:  3.10"
Tamaqua:  4.75"
Williamsport:  1.75"
State College: 2.25"
Chambersburg:  4.00"
Clearfield: 1.50"

paweather5
Harrisburg:  8.5
Lancaster:  6 northern,  southern 3 to 4.
York:  northern York 8, southern 4 to 5.
Tamaqua:  7
Williamsport:  2.5
State College: 2.5
Chambersburg:  8 
Clearfield: 3

losetoa6
Harrisburg:  6.9"
Lancaster:  5.8"
York:  6.7"
West York : 7.1"
Tamaqua:  5.4"
Williamsport:  2.7"
State College: 5.0"
Chambersburg:  6.8"
Clearfield: 3.2"
Gettysburg : 6.0"
Carlisle: 6.6"
Dillsburg: 6.2"
Highest lollie ( 9.6")
MBY: 4.7"

Where is Palmyra?! LOL. 

45 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I was complaining how I haven't been able to open the windows much the past month...well now it makes sense. I knew it was hot every night but didn't know it was the 2nd warmest. Thankfully its supposed to be really cool tonight

Looking like we are entering an extended period of normal, which climo says 50's are more normal for overnights.  I opened windows last night and pulled covers on me for the first time in many many days.  Was just awesome.  

• Like 2

I chased the Mullica Hill NJ tornado yesterday, here are some damage photos for anyone interested. At first, my chase team intercepted the apparent Oxford tornado, it was rain wrapped so we couldn't see anything. We then headed to NJ for one last gasp and got more than we bargained for.

20210901_183625-min.thumb.jpg.4b557c3184996032f5884cbd89235f77.jpg

20210901_185852-min.thumb.jpg.eb8eb25c39cbbffdfe051e7b0f435143.jpg

IMG950766.jpg.8f50b9aa2b8376371a89d390e797f069.jpg.6305f183ca89cf923c2e974b90ee4ea3.jpg

• Like 4

House's leveled or completely destroyed, cars blown around and picked up, trees/power lines completely stripped and sheared. Just things you don't see in south Jersey. Chasing behind the tornado (we couldn't see it because of the RFD and rain shield), we were apparently 1-2 minutes behind it and transformers were blowing everywhere so we knew we were right on it. Unfortunately (fortunately?) we didn't catch a clear view of the twister, but eh there's plenty of videos out on Twitter of it. We set up base just a smidge to the SE of the rotation in an open field to catch the best, yet safest, view possible. The inflow into the supercell was incredible. The wind howled and had an eerie whistle. Like a train. We saw a rotating wall cloud directly in front of us, but as soon as it passed us trees began to obscure the view. But we knew it was there, the radar velocity signatures were getting stronger. So we paralleled the storm and tried hard to catch up. At one point, we made a right instead of going straight which may have saved our lives. Like I said, we were 1-2 minutes behind the storm, well if we had gone straight and not detoured we would have driven directly into it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Newman said:

House's leveled or completely destroyed, cars blown around and picked up, trees/power lines completely stripped and sheared. Just things you don't see in south Jersey. Chasing behind the tornado (we couldn't see it because of the RFD and rain shield), we were apparently 1-2 minutes behind it and transformers were blowing everywhere so we knew we were right on it. Unfortunately (fortunately?) we didn't catch a clear view of the twister, but eh there's plenty of videos out on Twitter of it. We set up base just a smidge to the SE of the rotation in an open field to catch the best, yet safest, view possible. The inflow into the supercell was incredible. The wind howled and had an eerie whistle. Like a train. We saw a rotating wall cloud directly in front of us, but as soon as it passed us trees began to obscure the view. But we knew it was there, the radar velocity signatures were getting stronger. So we paralleled the storm and tried hard to catch up. At one point, we made a right instead of going straight which may have saved our lives. Like I said, we were 1-2 minutes behind the storm, well if we had gone straight and not detoured we would have driven directly into it. 

Why I love the solidly mediocre disaster movie 'Twister' | Dazed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Looking like we are entering an extended period of normal, which climo says 50's are more normal for overnights.  I opened windows last night and pulled covers on me for the first time in many many days.  Was just awesome.  

i can't recall the last time my windows were open

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Me either...

On the other hand, I'd say the same about Rudolph.

At least we know what we’ll get with Rudolph. Something like 17/26, 124 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, no passes that travel 10+ yards in the air, and if the defense can hold the opponent to 14 points or less we have a chance to win.