• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

28 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Any reason why (or if) I81 southbound is closed at the I78 interchange?

22 minutes ago, canderson said:

There was a chain reaction multivehicle accident there earlier this am (3 diff accidents iirc) - wonder if that’s why?

he said if it already isn't cleared, it will be shortly

Just reached 3.04" as the heavy rain continues.  The rate is no where near this morning's torrent, but it's still adding up.  One other thing I wanted to mention was that back on Sunday when the models were showing Ida's circulation reaching us, the model said it would be at a pressure of about 1003 to 1005 millibars.  Well, the circulation hasn't reached us yet, however, my pressure is now down to 29.59" (998 mb).  So it's interesting to note that Ida is stronger now than what had been projected a few days ago.  Temp continues to drop very slowly, now down to 65.5 degrees.

4 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Just reached 3.04" as the heavy rain continues.  The rate is no where near this morning's torrent, but it's still adding up.  One other thing I wanted to mention was that back on Sunday when the models were showing Ida's circulation reaching us, the model said it would be at a pressure of about 1003 to 1005 millibars.  Well, the circulation hasn't reached us yet, however, my pressure is now down to 29.59" (998 mb).  So it's interesting to note that Ida is stronger now than what had been projected a few days ago.  Temp continues to drop very slowly, now down to 65.5 degrees.

I have the exact same pressure at 29.59" - temp is slowly falling here, now at 67.3 degrees, rainfall here over the past 90-120 minutes has been more light to moderate and the gauge is at 3.49". 

Having said that, it looks like I'll be back in heavier returns imminently. 

Edit: Pressure is down to 29.57"...

6 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I made a boo-boo with the pressure conversion.  I was 29.59" but that is 1002mb.  I've just had a sudden jump back up to 29.62"

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

It might be covid? 

I know three people who died yesterday in my Texas hometown from Covid. While numbers here are higher than they've been, it's a devastating issue there. Sister is a nurse and they have no oxygen, and ambulances aren't taking anyone to hospitals cause there's no room. If they can't treat you on-site .... yeah ... 

Just now, canderson said:

I know three people who died yesterday in my Texas hometown from Covid. While numbers here are higher than they've been, it's a devastating issue there. Sister is a nurse and they have no oxygen, and ambulances aren't taking anyone to hospitals cause there's no room. If they can't treat you on-site .... yeah ... 

It's terrible in the south.  From Texas to Florida. 

Just now, Wmsptwx said:

Don’t get the joke?

Many around here do not know how bad it is down south so every now and then I like to keep it fresh as that part of our country is suffering.   OT though.  So it was less a joke and more a reality comment that despite all the rain, we do not have it bad here right now.