• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

Rain very abruptly slowed to a drizzle here - sitting at 2.56" so far.

I'm curious about what the cells developing down near Richmond do - they appear to be on a trajectory to impact areas east of the river later, and if we get into that PLUS the stratiform rains...all bets are off at that point. (that's also likely the beginnings of what will become the severe threat over the next several hours.)

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looking at radar we appear to have a clear shot to break 5" here.  Not sure about 10.   The people talking up the storm are going to have the last laugh I fear as it being a "no issue" type of situation is quickly coming off the table.   HRRR still says this is a slow mover and raining moderate or better another 6-8 hours. 

yeah and someone mentioned a dry slot a while back.  I'm not seeing it on the models, and the pivot stays rather full for most/all of us.  This isnt a noreaster waiting for a moisture feed, even though watching the radar makes one dream a bit....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Rain very abruptly slowed to a drizzle here - sitting at 2.56" so far.

I'm curious about what the cells developing down near Richmond do - they appear to be on a trajectory to impact areas east of the river later, and if we get into that PLUS the stratiform rains...all bets are off at that point. (that's also likely the beginnings of what will become the severe threat over the next several hours.)

The latest HRRR has all kinds of convection type cells over you this evening...as the SLP gets closest to you.    Looks like 3-5 more inches verbatim on the HRRR.

Per scanner app they’re getting ready to close off US 22 between Hollidaysburg and Water Street (likely near the Canoe Creek/Williamsburg) area with the river already nearly about to come over it. Frankstown Branch of the Juniata now forecast to crest only a couple feet from it’s Hurricane Ivan record crest. 

2 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

This area is going to smoke us.   4-6” seems a lock.   My numbers yesterday were low.  Oh well

7C770D0A-7818-4176-BA52-20969706192D.png

I just did a perimeter walk to make sure my drains where still having water come out of them.  Bad thing about underground drains is I cannot see if they are partially blocked. So far no wate in the house that I can see.