• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

Been moderate to heavy rain all morning and since the later overnight hours here. Bit of a breeze too.

The next several hours are when the worst of this in terms of rainfall rates traverses central and the LSV. Circled on the image is the area of enhanced heavy rainfall that has shown up well on all the model guidance the last few days. Roughly south of the dashed line I drew is generally where I think the heaviest rain will reside. Very concerned about my area and especially along the turnpike where parts of Bedford/Fulton/Franklin saw heavy rain last night before this main precip shield. I’d be willing to bet that double digit amounts have the best chance of showing up in that area. 

1472961367_Screenshot2021-09-01at10_53_03AM.thumb.png.1bdb1c4bde32e5bfd0b9d0960f19cfee.png

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I was this morning at Home depot. 

Current radar has several heavy cells over York county 

As of 11AM we have 1.56 imby in Springettsbury township, York county.

I’m far enough south/central that I might be spared the higher totals shown for northern York county, Dauphin and Cumberland. Hope everyone is safely riding this out.

(Edit: thanks to Bubbler for sharing the iweathernet link; I don’t have a rain gauge)

• Like 2

Looking at radar we appear to have a clear shot to break 5" here.  Not sure about 10.   The people talking up the storm are going to have the last laugh I fear as it being a "no issue" type of situation is quickly coming off the table.   HRRR still says this is a slow mover and raining moderate or better another 6-8 hours. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looking at radar we appear to have a clear shot to break 5" here.  Not sure about 10.   The people talking up the storm are going to have the last laugh I fear as it being a "no issue" type of situation is quickly coming off the table.   HRRR still says this is a slow mover and raining well into the night. 

You may very well be right - I'm at 2.11" here and looking at the radar, it looks like I'll double, and perhaps triple what I have now.