• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Waynesboro (or Waynesbar as locals say) is on the list now as well.   WGAL is going to need to fire up their school closing web site early this year. 

Watch, we'll have more school closings due to rain than snow this year. LOL :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And the Extreme qpf model moved a bit North and East.  Is that Yellow Tamaqua? 

image.png.a1201115cba36387a512dde031d3c0cf.png

I think I'm on the southern and eastern edge of it. I'm doing my Thursday Tower City to Sunbury tomorrow. I'll have to give Pillow reports. Just wondering how fast that little creek south of town along 225 rises during heavy events. And of more concern is 147 up between Mandata and Herndon. 

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I think I'm on the southern and eastern edge of it. I'm doing my Thursday Tower City to Sunbury tomorrow. I'll have to give Pillow reports. Just wondering how fast that little creek south of town along 225 rises during heavy events. And of more concern is 147 up between Mandata and Herndon. 

I would think you would know most road closings before getting there with the fast dissemination of stuff on the internet. 

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I think I'm on the southern and Eastern edge of it. I'm doing my Thursday  Tower City to Sunbury tomorrow. I'll have to give Pillow reports. Just wondering how fast that little creek south of town along 225 rises during heavy events. And of more concern is 147 up between Mandata and Herndon. 

That Mandata to Herndon little creek will flood. Back about 3 years ago they had to do water rescues in that little valley. And a 2 story house was condemned because it washed it off the foundation. And those were rains from a thunderstorm that produced 5 in in an hour.

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

More of you need to enter my contest. I’ll buy the winner a sixer of their favorite beer. 

Harrisburg:  3.25"

Lancaster:  2.75"

York:  3.10"

Tamaqua:  4.75"

Williamsport:  1.75"

State College: 2.25"

Chambersburg:  4.00"

Clearfield: 1.50"

Just my random thoughts...

• Like 1

Harrisburg:  8.5

Lancaster:  6 northern,  southern 3 to 4.

York:  northern York 8, southern 4 to 5.

Tamaqua:  7

Williamsport:  2.5

State College: 2.5

Chambersburg:  8 

Clearfield: 3

I am going bigger on this event. See a lot of upside potential. Who ever gets under the Convection and training could get 8 to 10. I think we might see one or two localized 11 to 12 inch amounts.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

That Mandata to Herndon little creek will flood. Back about 3 years ago they had to do water rescues in that little valley. And a 2 story house was condemned because it washed it off the foundation. And those were rains from a thunderstorm that produced 5 in in an hour.

I figured that stretch of road was prone to flooding. Not much elevation above or real estate between the road and the creek. I have to go through there 5 times tomorrow. Two up loaded and three back empty. Usually it's only three runs through there, but my last load which always goes to Allentown will be coming from Tower City instead of Hazleton.

7 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

Harrisburg:  8.5

Lancaster:  6 northern,  southern 3 to 4.

York:  northern York 8, southern 4 to 5.

Tamaqua:  7

Williamsport:  2.5

State College: 2.5

Chambersburg:  8 

Clearfield: 3

I am going bigger on this event. See a lot of upside potential. Who ever gets under the Convection and training could get 8 to 10. I think we might see one or two localized 11 to 12 inch amounts.  

It's about that time, isn't it?...

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

I think there will be surprises in the severe sector between Baltimore/Westminster/  Hanover/ York. Training t-storms is a BIG wild card with pwats near 250%- 300% of normal .

I agree. I think mat stays below the border but extreme southern York/Lancaster could be in for a surprise. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 8:44 AM, Bubbler86 said:

My declaration was based on Summer ending Aug 31 no matter what.  :-).  I am sure we have some 80's coming in Sept (at least).  I actually do not drink Pumpkin Beer but its arrival heralds that of fall. 

0z on 9/1 has arrived. You know what that means.

High risk of flooding per WPC for you all tomorrow. I am insanely jealous of what's about to unfold across S Central PA tomorrow. Going to be one for the record books for some. Already a good PRE ongoing across Somerset, Bedford, Fulton, and Franklin counties with even some weak spin. Seriously enjoy this, going to be a storm worth studying once all is said and done.

23 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

High risk of flooding per WPC for you all tomorrow. I am insanely jealous of what's about to unfold across S Central PA tomorrow. Going to be one for the record books for some. Already a good PRE ongoing across Somerset, Bedford, Fulton, and Franklin counties with even some weak spin. Seriously enjoy this, going to be a storm worth studying once all is said and done.

Definitely mixed feelings as I’m def excited for the event from a meteorological standpoint but on the other hand not too enthused with the likely major flooding impacts around here (and everywhere else) if we in fact see those 4-7”+ amounts back here in the more mountainous ridge and valley region. 

• Like 1