• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

7 minutes ago, KEITH L.I said:

How much rain did this area have with Agnes in 1972?..I know the Susquehanna had major problems with flooding

3 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

A pretty decent amount

800px-Agnes_1972_rainfall.gif

And as a few others have stated, the big difference between Agnes and Lee when comparing to Ida is how much more of the watershed that was affected by the first 2 storms. Susquehanna will swell down this area somewhat but won't have much extra flow coming down from farther north. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And as a few others have stated, the big difference between Agnes and Lee when comparing to Ida is how much more of the watershed that was affected by the first 2 storms. Susquehanna will swell down this area somewhat but won't have much extra flow coming down from farther north. 

Something I noticed was that central PA's worst flooding events were in 1936, 1972 and 2011 and all of them had 40 years give or take between them. So us getting another potential record so soon after Lee would be kinda crazy if it can rival those

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Something I noticed was that central PA's worst flooding events were in 1936, 1972 and 2011 and all of them had 40 years give or take between them. So us getting another potential record so soon after Lee would be kinda crazy if it can rival those

Some models (I just saw the NAM) focus the heaviest rain north of MDT so in those scenarios there would be some downstream raises I would suspect.   Not upstream N PA style though. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I saw that.  Surprising.  The first shield of rain is already here out this way.  So much for mowing today. 

Going to be an interesting day tomorrow - as to be expected, axis of heaviest rains is shifting from run to run. The area getting "significant" rain is fairly small in size...latest GFS has the southeast half of Lanco getting 1" total. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Going to be an interesting day tomorrow - as to be expected, axis of heaviest rains is shifting from run to run. The area getting "significant" rain is fairly small in size...latest GFS has the southeast half of Lanco getting 1" total. 

Yea, one more shift North and I am going to suspend Operation Basement "Everything on plastic tables".  3-5" is not going to give us issues but this trend does give the Susquehanna people more to think about.