• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

1 minute ago, Jonesy56 said:

It’s been a deluge here for the last 45 minutes ~6 miles East of you in colonial park.. I’m trying to get out to run some errands but every time it seems like it’s about to let up another intense downpour ensues.. a lot of vivid lightning too.. dog not enjoying the fireworks.

Come downtown. Sun trying to poke out. 

Just read in main tropical thread that mayor on New Orleans is asking residents to shelter in place for cat 4 storm.   Can’t imagine this having a good ending.   

Mayor LaToya Cantrell on Friday said that with little time left before Hurricane Ida reaches Louisiana, residents of the city should get ready to hunker down and ride out the storm.

In a press conference Friday afternoon, Cantrell said that there wasn't enough time to establish the contraflow procedures necessary to move all of the city's residents out of the city before the storm's expected 

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

Disgusted. So much activity east of the big river and basically nothing in Tamaqua again.

Sorry. My rants are probably getting old, but then so is missing out on the action nearly every event.

Rant on. Hey, I've done VERY well this season with rainfall and storms, and I'm sort of bent that I got shafted today. I can't imagine getting hosed time after time...it's understandable that you're frustrated. 

29 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Rant on. Hey, I've done VERY well this season with rainfall and storms, and I'm sort of bent that I got shafted today. I can't imagine getting hosed time after time...it's understandable that you're frustrated. 

Thanks. The one good storm that we did have this summer came in the middle of the night, and I was so tired that I slept right through it.

11 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Good call on the vort flood potential.   

Grabbed the last 4 days of your readings (I think this is you, your link is still not working).  Decent summer week.  A bit humid.  I do not consider my station official but we only got to 86 the first two days of this period and only 89 the last.  My lows were quite close to yours in the low to mid 60's. A cool attitude in the altitudes.   This in Monday-Thursday. 

Cashtown 1S

image.png.55afc9b593c6c8a5d993fe8257dc4914.png

32 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I've had 26 days at or above 90 degrees this year so far. I've never kept such detailed records before, but I can't recall a summer with more than this one.

Interesting stat so I looked it up for MDT since last year was the hottest on record and comparing to this year....they have had 32 so far this Met Summer and 35 last Met summer so they will fall short of last year it appears.   I went back to 2019 and they had 28.  Sort of why I think the word heat wave is basically worthless these days if 3-4 days in the low to mid 90's is a heat wave.  Close to or more than one third of most summers is that hot.  Urban development and climate change (opinion) make reaching 90 far too easy now.  2017 with 12 is the last time MDT did not have 20 or more days 90 or over in Met Summer but Sept 2017 saw 3 days above 90 at the end of the month.  2016 had 34 for Met summer.