• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

40 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looks like this is moving out of this region quicker than expected.  It’s drying way up on the west side. 

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Tonight is now an east of the Susq night per Meso's.   If they are right,  the duration of the rain pulled back a bit. 

To me, it looks like a large area of rain is poised to move into Harrisburg and points E/SE from there. 

40 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If that low stays parked over SE NY all day tomorrow I think we see some MAJOR convection in the afternoon.  Could be interesting.  Moisture pumping down into the LSV with sun and 80's.   Get your pwats and capes ready to go.

I agree completely. Today was fully overcast here with temps all day in the mid 70s. I'd expect much more in the way of sun tomorrow with drenching storms in the PM. Some areas will be mostly dry, but man...there could be some hefty totals just during the PM hours. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t expect thunderstorms tomorrow unless you’re in the far NE area of this region. Shear is really low elsewhere. Rain might be he’s y in mid afternoon but otherwise a warm boring august sunny day. 

Smells like swamp ass outside currently so that would be a nice change

4 hours ago, canderson said:

I wouldn’t expect thunderstorms tomorrow unless you’re in the far NE area of this region. Shear is really low elsewhere. Rain might be he’s y in mid afternoon but otherwise a warm boring august sunny day. 

Yeah. Still shocked how far west the rain shield actually came though. It's on the edge of harrisburg right now. Any farther west and we would have gotten a ton more rain lol

4 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Yeah. Still shocked how far west the rain shield actually came though. It's on the edge of harrisburg right now. Any farther west and we would have gotten a ton more rain lol

We were not really getting the rain shield from Henri....we had an ULL trough over us and the moisture,  outflowing from Henri, ignited it and wrung out the atmosphere.

9 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Some 40 degree gradient between Pillow and Short Pump.

EC and CMC continue to blunt the heat this week.  Low 90's at times for sure (both here and out your way) but nothing out of the ordinary for MDT and only moderately out of the ordinary for you.  Back door front possibilities over here as well.  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

EC and CMC continue to blunt the heat this week.  Low 90's at times for sure (both here and out your way) but nothing out of the ordinary for MDT and only moderately out of the ordinary for you.  Back door front possibilities over here as well.  

It’s looking like there may be some hope here. Not for a nice string of windows open nights, but for days that “only” get into the mid 80s by the weekend.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

It’s looking like there may be some hope here. Not for a nice string of windows open nights, but for days that “only” get into the mid 80s by the weekend.

Heck, there is this...not out your way but no rain involved in keeping temps in the 70's over here.   Your 80's string may be near double digits though. 

image.png.4f77e8daf3d5d2067c239c334340d12d.png

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Heck, there is this...not out your way but no rain involved in keeping temps in the 70's over here.   Your 80's string may be near double digits though. 

image.png.4f77e8daf3d5d2067c239c334340d12d.png

I’d post the corresponding DP map, but beggars can’t be choosers and optimism is better.

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, its mid 60's.  Not perfect but better than the 3 or so 90's days we get this week. 

I’m still feeling burned (literally) by September 2015-2019. But I guess all I have to do is look at last year, when August 20-27 went 85, 87, 90, 88, 89, 93, 86, 87 imby and then we still got a 2 week dry period in September where several days stayed in the 60s and a couple nights dropped into the 30s.

7 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’m still feeling burned (literally) by September 2015-2019. But I guess all I have to do is look at last year, when August 20-27 went 85, 87, 90, 88, 89, 93, 86, 87 imby and then we still got a 2 week dry period in September where several days stayed in the 60s and a couple nights dropped into the 30s.

Between back door's and a trough dropping out of Canada, the CFS continues to advertise the first fall like weather for the second week of September.    Lots of caveats to using the CFS of course. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

that was also my takaway after looking at overnight runs.  Might just be the last big heat week for a while or if lucky the rest of the summer.  Long range was looking like a hint of autumn lurking.  Me likes...

• Like 1