• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeppers.  Wife claims we had a potent T'storm roll through during the early morning hours but I slept right through it.  Just had another heavy shower hit us a bit ago. 

Good for you. Making up some serious ground on me today. Some very light rain pushed me up to .15" now, lol

It looks like a nice heavy band is going to set up JUST north of me (go figure)...

Current and future radar give the Poconos and Hazleton to Scranton a good dousing for the next few hours. Meanwhile, here in my backyard, the rain is so light it's not even registering a rate. I've had 3/100 of an inch since my 8:15am report.

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I admit, I could not have been more wrong last night - up to 1.14" already. Rain has stopped for now, but it's been a show over the past hour or so. 

Models just don’t have a handle of this system.  That’s understandable with a upper trough / tropical system hybrid merge.   

• Like 1

The National Weather Service in State College has issued a * Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for... Central York County in south central Pennsylvania... * Until 430 PM EDT. * At 218 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. This will cause urban and small stream flooding. * Some locations that will experience flooding include... York, Weigelstown, Spry, Dallastown, Shiloh, East York, Stonybrook-Wilshire, West York, Grantley, Tyler Run-Queens Gate, Valley View, Manchester, Hallam, Emigsville, Dover, North York, Yorklyn, Jacobus, Mount Wolf and Yoe.

8 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

The National Weather Service in State College has issued a * Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for... Central York County in south central Pennsylvania... * Until 430 PM EDT. * At 218 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. This will cause urban and small stream flooding. * Some locations that will experience flooding include... York, Weigelstown, Spry, Dallastown, Shiloh, East York, Stonybrook-Wilshire, West York, Grantley, Tyler Run-Queens Gate, Valley View, Manchester, Hallam, Emigsville, Dover, North York, Yorklyn, Jacobus, Mount Wolf and Yoe.

More rescues?

We had heavy rain for at least half an hour awhile ago here in Williamsport.  Now it is is a steady moderate rain.  We were not supposed to get anything from Henri but almost of Lycoming County is getting rain right now and the eastern half of Clinton County to our west is too.