• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

10 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's spot on work my friend - my highest 10 minute interval was between 7:07 and 7:17 last evening when .83" fell. 

Thank you kindly mister. What can I say, love me all-things numbers, and I know you do as well ha. Not surprised you found a ten minute period a little higher since you can use any time interval, whereas all the WU and ASOS stations I’m able to check have the predefined five minute intervals. Good stuff. 

10 hours ago, Porsche said:

Got my Tempest setup last night, my obs aren't complete since it got setup late in the evening, but here you go.  Question for anyone knows, can you have your weather station show up on NOAA website or others?  Thanks!

https://tempestwx.com/station/56906/

Loving it so far!

Great setup! It looks like you’re out near New Holland eh? Always good to have some extra observations in Lancaster County, especially out that way. I was going to suggest WeatherUnderground as well but it looks like Bubbler got you all taken care of. Cheers mate!

9 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

@Bubbler86, I selfishly only looked at temps imby on the 0z and 6z GFS runs, but the 0z has all 16 days getting to at least 80 here and the 6z has the first 15 days getting to 80+.

Typical late summer temps, right?  I truly cannot complain about 80's in late August/early Sept.  GFS has 3 days in the low 90's at MDT next week.  Euro only one and CMC none.   Let the pumpkin beers and fall festival planning (outdoor only, please) continue.  :-).    I guess the Dp's are more of the downer.    Not fall feeling yet. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Typical late summer temps, right?  I truly cannot complain about 80's in late August/early Sept.  GFS has 3 days in the low 90's at MDT next week.  Euro only one and CMC none.   Let the pumpkin beers and fall festival planning (outdoor only, please) continue.  :-).    I guess the Dp's are more of the downer.    Not fall feeling yet. 

I can’t complain about 80s either, not expecting days on end of 70s just yet. And I guess I’m fairly desensitized to 16 straight days of temperatures at or above normal these days, though I’ll never enjoy it.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I can’t complain about 80s either, not expecting days on end of 70s just yet. And I guess I’m fairly desensitized to 16 straight days of temperatures at or above normal these days, though I’ll never enjoy it.

I bet you get a few days where it does not hit 80 but that is just a guess.   Even if due to clouds/rain.  But yea no true fall weather on the docket yet. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I bet you get a few days where it does not hit 80 but that is just a guess.   Even if due to clouds/rain.  But yea no true fall weather on the docket yet. 

That’s usually what happens. Our longest streak of 80+ this summer currently stands at 12 days, that’s within reach.

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Here's the FFW 

Screenshot_20210820-073146_Chrome.jpg

Thanks.  I think last nights ULL was greatly underestimated by the general population due to Fred weariness.  People did not believe there was actually another potent situation coming for them.  And now Henri threatens to put the kibosh on weekend plans for a lot. 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

I was down in Frederick area about 10 days ago and most grass was brown and dead . My grass stayed majority green . It's not treated either .It was a wet June and July imby and I think Frederick area was drier overall then here . I had around a 10 day fairly dry spell here but the balance of the summer has been wet for sure . I'm mowing 2 days a week again lol

Somewhere in Fredrick county, earlier this year, they had at least two instances of excessive rain in one episode (like last night).  But we all know that does the grass little good long term as it runs off.   The drought decisions from yesterday kept the same areas (generally) in D0 though this was before the line of storms Wednesday.

image.thumb.png.fa88c8c76e99a4bca511af54f6ae0167.png

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

That’s usually what happens. Our longest streak of 80+ this summer currently stands at 12 days, that’s within reach.

Where do you stand now?  I think you have a shot to break it late next week though the next "tropical system" after Henri (which the CMC shoves up the Chessie albeit weak) will play a role in what happens in 7 days.  

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Where do you stand now?  I think you have a shot to break it late next week though the next "tropical system" after Henri (which the CMC shoves up the Chessie albeit weak) will play a role in what happens in 7 days.  

Currently at 1. Fred kept us short on Wednesday.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Oh wow.  Having rain keep you short is just statistical fodder though.  So I know its not optimal for what you want.  Yesterday it got to 86 here and it felt every bit of it.  DP's in the upper 60's.  

Indeed. 76/70 is in the same category as 86/67 as far as I’m concerned. 

9 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Thank you kindly mister. What can I say, love me all-things numbers, and I know you do as well ha. Not surprised you found a ten minute period a little higher since you can use any time interval, whereas all the WU and ASOS stations I’m able to check have the predefined five minute intervals. Good stuff. 

Great setup! It looks like you’re out near New Holland eh? Always good to have some extra observations in Lancaster County, especially out that way. I was going to suggest WeatherUnderground as well but it looks like Bubbler got you all taken care of. Cheers mate!

Yep, right on the southern side, love it!!  All good on WU now too!  Take care!

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KPANEWHO79

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Which is more likely?  You get to 12 straight days of 80, Antonio Brown  is still employed by the end of Sept, or Mike Lindell shows real data? 

I would actually rank the likelihood of those three items in the order you just mentioned.

.14" here, looks like some of you folks down near the Mason-Dixon line got a nice little soaking, perhaps one could even call it an over-performer.  No let up in the Dews, as they stay tropical for the foreseeable future.  The HRRR continues to want to backdoor in some scattered convection from the northeast later this evening.  Other than that, we'll have to keep an eye on Henri to see if any of its outer bands can affect the region.  Looks like it will make landfall somewhere between eastern Long Island and Cape Cod, could be a close call as to whether it meets hurricane status upon landfall.  I think it will but we shall see.  Hasn't it been forever since the Boston area has seen a hurricane make landfall??

Some other random tidbits......

CTP confirmed a tornado in Valley View, PA but it may be about the weakest tornado ever to hit the books -- an EF0 with a massive path width of 10 yards, an astonishing path length of 75 yards, and terrifying peak winds of 65mph.  Even the EF0 clan is unimpressed, word is they're disputing its inclusion in the club.  With that said, NWS is conducting additional surveys today in Snyder, York, and Adams counties from the August 18th activity.

In a rare feat, Death Valley was not the hottest place in the Lower 48 yesterday, as that title belongs to Falcon Lake, TX on the Mexico border, checking in at a meager 107.  Let's call it a soft daily high for this time of year.  National low was 25 at Bridgeport, CA, a high elevation valley that, ironically enough, is less than 200 miles north of Death Valley.

I've said too much, carry on......

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

.14" here, looks like some of you folks down near the Mason-Dixon line got a nice little soaking, perhaps one could even call it an over-performer.  No let up in the Dews, as they stay tropical for the foreseeable future.  The HRRR continues to want to backdoor in some scattered convection from the northeast later this evening.  Other than that, we'll have to keep an eye on Henri to see if any of its outer bands can affect the region.  Looks like it will make landfall somewhere between eastern Long Island and Cape Cod, could be a close call as to whether it meets hurricane status upon landfall.  I think it will but we shall see.  Hasn't it been forever since the Boston area has seen a hurricane make landfall??

Some other random tidbits......

CTP confirmed a tornado in Valley View, PA but it may be about the weakest tornado ever to hit the books -- an EF0 with a massive path width of 10 yards, an astonishing path length of 75 yards, and terrifying peak winds of 65mph.  Even the EF0 clan is unimpressed, word is they're disputing its inclusion in the club.  With that said, NWS is conducting additional surveys today in Snyder, York, and Adams counties from the August 18th activity.

In a rare feat, Death Valley was not the hottest place in the Lower 48 yesterday, as that title belongs to Falcon Lake, TX on the Mexico border, checking in at a meager 107.  Let's call it a soft daily high for this time of year.  National low was 25 at Bridgeport, CA, a high elevation valley that, ironically enough, is less than 200 miles north of Death Valley.

I've said too much, carry on......

Good stuff.  Maybe we are getting dust devils in PA now?   With the wind direction I saw from my basement on Wed I am sure we had something rotating near us (probably elevated) at one point. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its going to be quite the affair.  The crazy weather events march on. A stalling TS over SNE or LI. 

Can I wish that TS west with a stall over New Jersey. I need some excitement in my life, and listening to Judas Priest break the law ain't cuttin' it... 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

He got into a fight at a scrimmage game and was tossed off the field.  How many chances does the guy get?  Cannot even make it to game 1 without already being on release watch. 

Everyone is fighting these days it seems. Rams/Raiders joint practice there was a brawl yesterday. 

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

He got into a fight at a scrimmage game and was tossed off the field.  How many chances does the guy get?  Cannot even make it to game 1 without already being on release watch. 

I hadn't heard that. I'm shocked at learning this. Here I thought he was on track as a model citizen and inspiration for tomorrow's football legends. 

That could not have been said more sarcastically. :) 

• Haha 2