• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

Wow!  You all had all kinds of things going on.

Here in very quiet Williamsport we had less than 1.5" of rain and the rain is almost over.  What we didn't have was thunder, lightening or winds to speak of.    

The excitement will have to come another day; it missed us tonight.

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Another night of close lightning strikes. Impressive storm. Have a buddy near Mountville well over 3”. 

We finally got the rain. 2.43" as I type this. Wind and lightning have pretty much been non-existent, though. Some distant flashes and low rumbles, but that's it 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I guess when I said pales I meant we got that in 3 days vs, your one day total.  But I am glad we got our 2".  Anything else was runoff over here.

You did very well and I'm thrilled for you. Regardless of timing in regards to yards and vegetation, this is still water in the ground table. That's a plus. 

• Like 1

Didn’t have too many major issues locally today, despite having some pretty significant rain totals along and east of I-99. Doppler estimates right over my house are in the 1.5” or so range, which seems about right as I had the first band that triggered the early flash flood warning just to my east only briefly. CTP noted in their disco earlier that KAOO saw over 2” in 40 minutes between that 12-1pm hour. 

CB54032C-9AD5-4952-ABF1-741B0758EA45.thumb.png.4852c398c41db351e00d1bbcb974531a.png

Did some driving in the large area of 3-4” (purple and blue) this afternoon as well as in what ended up being the eventual local bullseye of 4-6” in NW Huntingdon County. Surprisingly I didn’t come across any major flooding issues  or impassable roads, just a lot of washouts and decent run off. It hasn’t been overly dry around here but it also hasn’t been wet either, thus I think the ground and vegetation was able to mitigate what can be a pretty major flash flood event with precip numbers like that in a 6-12 hr span. Both Frankstown and Little Juniata branches of the main stem Juniata River easily stayed below flood stage despite the gauge stations being right in that 3-4”+ area. 

9 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just back from dinner out - received 2.01" of rain in 30 minutes, 2.54" for the day, 2.80" of rain since yesterday. No to little wind, some lightning and thunder. Big news here very clearly was the water...that's a lot of rain in 30 minutes. 

I've got to give props to NWS for holding the line on the flood side of the forecasts.  I'll admit that I didnt see that potential showing up on the models (for LSV).  Looking at NAM'rs inside 24 i wasnt seeing it, but yeah...they got that right for sure. 

Little water in garage last evening so I was dong some cleanup.  3rd time in 18 yrs here and other 2 times were impressive rains as well. 

On the severe side, we really didnt have much more than run o da mill thunder and lightening (with very few CTG strikes).  I'll take that part as a win.

That said I took a couple bites outta the crow to keep my word, but that's all.