• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

25 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

geez another tiny line just appeared out of nowhere infront of the huge one. it's already dark here again and might storm. it just appeared within 5-10 minutes and already looks really strong

I think that cell is going to be a problem for NE of the city. It's going to miss us but I think it explodes. 

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

Yeah warning reads weird. 

At 526 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was located near Rouzerville, or near Thurmont, moving east at 35 mph.   

We are defintely seeing wind consistent with something to my south but can only see westward from the basement.  Something is out there.

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We are defintely seeing wind consistent with something to my south but can only see westward from the basement.  Something is out there.

Updated wording on storm 

At 536 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located near Carroll Valley, or near Thurmont, moving east at 30
mph.

The HRRR continues to warn all of the LSV to keep their eyes to the sky for this line.   Rain and wind were not that bad but the wind got very strange and gusty when the tornado warning hit so I suspect there was at least a partially descended funnel cloud near.    Took the family (animals and humans) into the basement in lieu of trying to be Jim Cantore. 

• Like 1

The storm just west of Marysville is showing a half decent couplet. There are several areas in these line segments in the LSV that have these couplets. A lot of times in these tropical system situations the couplets present more as a velocity max rather than really seeing a true couplet (with notable opposing velocity) A quick spin up can’t be ruled out with them but the bigger possibility would be potential severe gusts or at least non severe “tropical storm force” gusts. 

97390F02-A957-4446-97D8-1FAFECAB9D96.thumb.png.960f004d3197244b50dc1b7a1f9842b9.png82FB8EF7-AE4E-486A-8122-8B33D19E62FA.thumb.png.086ba554f86d9441af38f3c35deda35a.png

21 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

The storm just west of Marysville is showing a half decent couplet. There are several areas in these line segments in the LSV that have these couplets. A lot of times in these tropical system situations the couplets present more as a velocity max rather than really seeing a true couplet (with notable opposing velocity) A quick spin up can’t be ruled out with them but the bigger possibility would be potential severe gusts or at least non severe “tropical storm force” gusts. 

97390F02-A957-4446-97D8-1FAFECAB9D96.thumb.png.960f004d3197244b50dc1b7a1f9842b9.png82FB8EF7-AE4E-486A-8122-8B33D19E62FA.thumb.png.086ba554f86d9441af38f3c35deda35a.png

That last line looks pretty stout and really did pop. I’m glad for the western crew for getting the needed rains. If it holds together I’m going for Cajun rub on my crow. 

31 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

i have a perfect view of that exact spot you circled from my window down south in enola and its absolutely crazy looking. tons of low hanging very dark clouds

3 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I was JUST gonna say that. that was crazy. it went through my closed blinds and lit everything up

i havent seen lightning like that in years

I was in the shower and remembered my mom telling me not to shower in a storm so got out …

(Iowa State girl wasn’t there anyway so no great loss)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

This lightning is WICKED. 

4 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I was JUST gonna say that. that was crazy. it went through my closed blinds and lit everything up

i havent seen lightning like that in years

I hope that makes it here...