• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sun, blue skies, some dark clouds and a tropical shower here at work. It looks and feels like central Florida out there.

I was just going to mention how tropical it feels albeit not nearly as warm as Florida :-).  Radar hallucinations show the spinning moving a bit more East of North than forecast.  

7 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

sun=instability.  Might not take much.  I think souther lsv is likely on the sidelines (based off of days of showing more of a squall line coming through my area), but pts N look to get enough lift to really stir up the CTP pot.  I'd think a quick hitter down here, but you Hburgers and north crew east of the susky may cash in on damaging Tboomers.

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

The spin threat is higher than a severe t-storm threat, as weird as that sounds. 

You don't want to be just east of the rotation ... which is exactly where Harrisburg is. 

i have early evening plans. thinking of changing them

1 hour ago, canderson said:

mcd0822.gif

I just had one of the bands come through a little bit ago, and it was very intense. That band is now just east of town and it is likely to trigger flash flood warnings (surprised it hasn’t already) as the motion is starting to align with it’s orientation. In other words, basically training south to north over the same general corridor with very slow overall propagation towards the east/northeast. It’s also trying to fill back in here some.

C0E7B3EC-7C05-4D92-B329-97119A864B21.thumb.png.766387d2296d5656ef135c8b47792efc.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i have early evening plans. thinking of changing them

if i were you I'd wait till bout 3pm to do so.  dry slot all the way up to Mason Dixon line near HGR.  IF that action back in SE WVA starts to pop, then I'd hit the cancel button.  If not.  Just take and extra towel to sop up the juices emitting from your body.....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

if i were you I'd wait till bout 3pm to do so.  dry slot all the way up to Mason Dixon line well east of HGR.  IF that action back in SE WVA starts to pop, then I'd hit the cancel button.  If not.  Just take and extra towel to sop up the juices emitting from your body.....

Well, Nut....if Canderson had written this I would be thinking he is pushing moderation boundaries again but not sure about you. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I just had one of the bands come through a little bit ago, and it was very intense. That band is now just east of town and it is likely to trigger flash flood warnings (surprised it hasn’t already) as the motion is starting to align with it’s orientation. In other words, basically training south to north over the same general corridor with very slow overall propagation towards the east/northeast. It’s also trying to fill back in here some.

C0E7B3EC-7C05-4D92-B329-97119A864B21.thumb.png.766387d2296d5656ef135c8b47792efc.png

FFW just issued for that band 

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Any love for the coal region? I'm at work and don't have time to peruse the models...

Both the HRRR and 3K sort of do the Tamaqua split...seriously.  With nightfall and loss of heating the line degrades as it leaves the LSV heading NE.  Still some rain and storms just not as squally looking. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Both the HRRR and 3K sort of do the Tamaqua split...seriously.  With nightfall and loss of heating the line degrades as it leaves the LSV heading NE.  Still some rain and storms just not as squally looking. 

Thanks. Kind of what I figured... :(

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Latest HRRR gives a boost to more dramatic results in S/W LSV. 

well that may change my plans but for now I'm gonna go down w/ my ship and say that Lanco  and much of southern lsv is on da bench for big stuff and that Hburg and n-ne are todays winners in the severe potential.  I just looked back through the thread to find a post and saw meso annalysis which makes me think I'm not TOTALLY off my rocker.  Glad they agree w/ me......:lol:

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its gotta pop w/in next couple hours over my head if CTP northers and Easters are gonna cash in.  couple cells S of me but more showery attm.  Currently cloudy and soupy in Etown.  

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

Between 4 and 5 we are dancing in the basement possibly. 

Needs to start blossoming further SW IMO.  I like Tboomers (but not damage), so I'm fine to be wrong....radar just doesnt look to impressive where it needs to be IMO (for southern tier LSV).  wouldnt be the first time I was wrong tho.

Static map

Just now, pasnownut said:

Needs to start blossoming further SW IMO.  I like Tboomers (but not damage), so I'm fine to be wrong....radar just doesnt look to impressive where it needs to be IMO.  wouldnt be the first time I was wrong tho.

Static map

Agreed. It doesn't look great right now. I certainly don't want tornadoes hope for just some rain and storms.