• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

.31" for my daily total.  Fitzgerald with a pretty weak write-up for CTP's AFD this morning but at least they still mentioned a bit of what @Newman was talking about.  What's become of me when I'm calling out NWS forecasters by name, a new low for Snowman haha.

Strong low to mid level flow, combined with a moist tropical
airmass, could yield a few storms that possess transient
supercell structure this afternoon. The primary severe wx threat
will be localized damaging winds and an isolated tornado,
primarily along and to the east of the track of Fred`s remnants.

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

.31" for my daily total.  Fitzgerald with a pretty weak write-up for CTP's AFD this morning but at least they still mentioned a bit of what @Newman was talking about.  What's become of me when I'm calling out NWS forecasters by name, a new low for Snowman haha.

.26" for me yesterday, .44" since midnight. 2 day running total at .70"

I'll pass on the tornado threat. Paid off my house and became 100% debt free last week, I'd like to keep things intact now. :) 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

image.png.28aaf80fe24a5b4322683606a8cfb0c6.png

Kinda crazy to think there hasn't been a land falling hurricane in new england since 1991 lol. I think this is one of the longest lulls in history for there. there's so many who have never experienced a hurricane in their lives. we'll see have to see if it happens but many more are coming aboard with it being a threat including nhc

13 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Kinda crazy to think there hasn't been a land falling hurricane in new england since 1991 lol. I think this is one of the longest lulls in history for there. there's so many who have never experienced a hurricane in their lives. we'll see have to see if it happens but many more are coming aboard with it being a threat including nhc

It would be quite the newsmaker.  People crowding into shelters, who has been vaxxed and who has not, etc....

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

.26" for me yesterday, .44" since midnight. 2 day running total at .70"

I'll pass on the tornado threat. Paid off my house and became 100% debt free last week, I'd like to keep things intact now. :) 

Congratulations on that major life achievement. Wish I was anywhere near that point.

• Thanks 1

Yeah for Central PA, it would take a miracle and a half to get any impacts (other than maybe some breezy conditions?) from Henri. But very fun to watch evolve regardless, SNE and perhaps even as far west as NYC are still very much in play as of now. More hurricane spaghetti models continue to show that capture and tug back west. GFS and UKMET are on board. 

08L_tracks_latest.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, paweather said:

Hopefully, no tornadoes today. Keep it just to rain. 

Starting to wonder how much more rain we get down here.  The squall line's look fairly skinny on the Meso's (this far south).   You are in a better spot than me...North is good today for rain.   HRRR drops a bomb up there. 

image.png.cf05dae07f5101dcf753873f2c73fe40.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its a great accomplishment and a stress reliever.  I too am not speaking from experience as the Florida recession of 2007 set me back 10 years.  But will be glad when I get there some day. 

Job security is somewhat tenuous right now, truly grateful that I owe no one any money at all outside of utility companies. 

45 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Me thinks Fitzgerald must be about 114 yrs old by now.  Been reading his writeups for seeminly decades...:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Job security is somewhat tenuous right now, truly grateful that I owe no one any money at all outside of utility companies. 

You are their best customer.  If you get in any trouble they will bail you out.   But yes I think if Health Insurance were free (not true, just dreaming)  and one has a mortgage paid off, one could live on a lot less money than people realize.  

Just now, canderson said:

Wanna start paying my mortgage? I recently refinanced to a 15 year note!

I think I'm good. I can't begin to tell you how free I feel to be clear of financial stress and burden. It's humbling. I think the most satisfying thing for me personally is we accomplished this on my income only for the entirety of our marriage. My wife quit her "paying" job a week prior to our wedding years ago. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You are their best customer.  If you get in any trouble they will bail you out.   But yes I think if Health Insurance were free (not true, just dreaming)  and one has a mortgage paid off, one could live on a lot less money than people realize.  

See my response to Canderson. So true! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That single dot in the LSV is Canderson's house. 

AL08_2021081806_ECENS_large.png?16292929

Thank god, keep that on the Dauphin county side of the susky ;)

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Congratulations man. That is so awesome. The first house i built would have been paid off when i was 45, but choose 16 years ago to buy my family homestead and completely redo and add a 40x40 addition. Would have been paid off in 2023, but the big D changed those plans. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1