• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

Good morning!

CTP posted this morning about the rain that is on the way during the next couple of days.

“More rain is expected today. Remnants of TS Fred will move over the region during the day on Wednesday. Between 2 & 3" of rain are possible through 8PM Thurs, with higher amounts possible depending on Fred's exact track. Take note if you live in a flood-prone area!”

BF004E9D-670F-4D1D-AB4A-E89ED131F410.jpeg

.37 in the rain dept overnight, just hope we don't get the downpours over the next few days. We can use the 2 plus inches, but we need it spread out over the course of the next few days. Also it there a potential of a heatwave with high humidity setting up shop in Pa. And points north the last week of August? Joe Bastardi mentioned it last evening about the possibility 

12 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

.37 in the rain dept overnight, just hope we don't get the downpours over the next few days. We can use the 2 plus inches, but we need it spread out over the course of the next few days. Also it there a potential of a heatwave with high humidity setting up shop in Pa. And points north the last week of August? Joe Bastardi mentioned it last evening about the possibility 

I would say all possibilities are still on the table for how hot or cool the end of August will be, the models are all over the place (as is usually the case in the 8-14 day range).

25 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I would say all possibilities are still on the table for how hot or cool the end of August will be, the models are all over the place (as is usually the case in the 8-14 day range).

I was going to say that the name mentioned in that post might just be the final punt to heat being short lived.  I would close out summer at MDT with only one heat wave (using the definition Training found) at the end of June. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I was going to say that the name mentioned in that post might just be the final punt to heat being short lived.  I would close out summer at MDT with only one heat wave (using the definition Training found) at the end of June. 

We already tried and failed to close out summer a few weeks ago, so my confidence is low. But agreed on the name drop.

26 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

We already tried and failed to close out summer a few weeks ago, so my confidence is low. But agreed on the name drop.

Well Summer is over in 13-14 days either way regardless of name...GFS has 2-3 low 90's days.  Summer is basically over in the 'Ville now.  Pumpkins Beers are out and aplenty.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well Summer is over in 13-14 days either way regardless of name...GFS has 2-3 low 90's days.  Summer is basically over in the 'Ville now.  Pumpkins Beers are out and aplenty now. 

Wouldn’t want to declare the heat dead just yet, given how brutal September has been in a few recent years. But the 10-14 day GFS, if there’s a trend at all, has been to trend a little cooler than what it had been showing. As for pumpkin beer, everything in moderation. Had one or two the other night, I’ll admit.

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

6-10 outlook is for temps +8 above normal for our area. 

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Wouldn’t want to declare the heat dead just yet, given how brutal September has been in a few recent years. But the 10-14 day GFS, if there’s a trend at all, has been to trend a little cooler than what it had been showing. As for pumpkin beer, everything in moderation. Had one or two the other night, I’ll admit.

My declaration was based on Summer ending Aug 31 no matter what.  :-).  I am sure we have some 80's coming in Sept (at least).  I actually do not drink Pumpkin Beer but its arrival heralds that of fall. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

For some of us the takeaway is that summer is on its last legs, no matter what heat wave may be showing up.  Whatever the heat, the days are shortening, and nights are starting to cool a bit (although sticky still seems to be haning tough). 

I'm down w/ whatever summer has left.  I'll deal like I've been, and just roll w/ it. 

My time is coming.....

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

For some of us the takeaway is that summer is on its last legs, no matter what heat wave may be showing up.  No matter the heat, the days are shortening, and nights are starting to cool a bit (although sticky still seems to be haning tough). 

I'm down w/ whatever summer has left.  I'll deal like I've been, and just roll w/ it. 

My time is coming.....

Word, brother. That's what I've been saying the past few weeks. I'll take the heat now knowing that our time is baking in the oven...

• Like 1