• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

3 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Golf course missed it. Looking back on records, I’ve only had 0.19” the last 26 days.      

The next week looks interesting on a daily basis but if we miss out in getting 2-3" over the next 10 days, I expect an upgrade on our drought monitor.  Your .19" in 26 days is crazy.  That is 2020 super drought levels. 

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Steady, but light shower is SLOWLY adding to the gauge. Sitting at .09" so far. No wind, lots of lightning and thunder. Rain has never been more than light at any point. Sort of an odd storm here. 

I had about .1” but the wind was legit. And the brief hail. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Steady, but light shower is SLOWLY adding to the gauge. Sitting at .09" so far. No wind, lots of lightning and thunder. Rain has never been more than light at any point. Sort of an odd storm here. 

Yeah it just never really got going here, looks like only a few hundredths in the gauge for me. Side note, wife and I started watching The Queen’s Gambit last night. I’ve heard good things. Anyone else give it a watch? 

14 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah it just never really got going here, looks like only a few hundredths in the gauge for me. Side note, wife and I started watching The Queen’s Gambit last night. I’ve heard good things. Anyone else give it a watch? 

It’s really good! 

I started Mythic Quest on Apple TV+ the other day and it’s fun.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The next week looks interesting on a daily basis but if we miss out in getting 2-3" over the next 10 days, I expect an upgrade on our drought monitor.  Your .19" in 26 days is crazy.  That is 2020 super drought levels. 

That’s a shame for your area down there.

Most of the rest of us are at or above normal precip for the season and the year to date.

MDT is currently a little above normal precip for the year.

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

What are  the impact s going to be in central Pa from tropical remants this coming week?

Here is what CTP said this morning in their discussion:

“The precipitation chances remain high into midweek, as that sub-tropical moisture flows up into PA. Daily showers and storms can be expected through the bulk of next week.

In terms of Tropical Depression Fred, Central PA will not see
significant impacts at this time. The tropical system is forecast to fall apart before it reaches PA. Our main concern in terms of precipitation will remain in the daily showers and storms, with moderate to high forecast PWs (+2") downpours will certainly be possible.”