• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That makes me worry a bit about this site which did not have any 100 readings in the entire state.  Must be something filtering out some of them but this is supposed to be an entire state list. We got to 94 here. HGR boiled up to 100 or 101.     https://xmacis.rcc-acis.org/

Mystery solved though still weird....the site is taking the previous days totals when you put in a date.  So I just did it for 8/13 which is technically today but its showing me info from 8/12 as shown below. 

image.thumb.png.bdccbd247f0b6289532d1e107894708f.png

Storms are still out in western Cumberland near Newburg.  My lightning detector is catching frequent strikes roughly 20-25 miles away.  It's weird being in an active severe thunderstorm warning while the sun is still out.  One thing these storms will definitely do is cut short the heating of the afternoon.  Currently 96.3 with a dew of 75.9 and a heat index of 109.4.  So, I'm in excessive heat warning territory.  Doubt I reach 98.1 (which has been my high the past 2 days) but it will be a race to the finish.

from last night storm that area got hit hard. 

Newberry Township is coordinating the following in response to the widespread power outage in the Grandview Section of Newberry Township:

There is a water distribution station at the NTPD Field Operations Unit located the the intersection of Grandview Drive and Hill Drive until 1400 hours. 

There is a cooling / comfort station opening at the Newberry Township Fire Company located at 2145 York Haven Road. Facial coverings will be required to enter the cooling/ comfort station. 

The Newberry Township Fire Company will also be traveling through the effected areas to distribute water to residents. 

Residents are encouraged to follow Newberry Township official social media outlets and the township Website for updates. Newberry Township, York County Pennsylvania Newberry Township Fire Department (103)

Dark, ominous clouds now rapidly approaching from the west.  Sun is now almost totally blocked and the heating has ended.  Temp has now dropped back to 92.8 and HI down to 105.  I'm hoping to pick up a decent amount of rain with this one.

Oh, I forgot to mention that lightning detection distance is all the way down to 5-9 miles so it really is approaching quickly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Dark, ominous clouds now rapidly approaching from the west.  Sun is now almost totally blocked and the heating has ended.  Temp has now dropped back to 92.8 and HI down to 105.  I'm hoping to pick up a decent amount of rain with this one.

Oh, I forgot to mention that lightning detection distance is all the way down to 5-9 miles so it really is approaching quickly.

Looks like the heaviest part is North of Carlisle

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Looks like the heaviest part is North of Carlisle

You just took the words right out of my mouth!  The heavier cells have done what they like to do which is follow the ridge lines of Blue Mountain and South Mountain leaving a gap in the valley.  It certainly does not look promising for me for anything substantial.  The precip is just about to arrive here and the clouds are turning the darkest they've been and I hear thunder.

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

You just took the words right out of my mouth!  The heavier cells have done what they like to do which is follow the ridge lines of Blue Mountain and South Mountain leaving a gap in the valley.  It certainly does not look promising for me for anything substantial.  The precip is just about to arrive here and the clouds are turning the darkest they've been and I hear thunder.

I just looked again. It looks like its expanding south now towards carlisle, but i'm looking at my phone so its difficult. It appears to be making a B line right towards Harrisburg

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

I just looked again. It looks like its expanding south now towards carlisle, but i'm looking at my phone so its difficult. It appears to be making a B line right towards Harrisburg

Thiiiink it's gonna scoot NW/N of us, the core at least. Will be close I think either way. 

Those towers are super high though - can see them from the house out toward the mountain. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Thiiiink it's gonna scoot NW/N of us, the core at least. Will be close I think either way. 

Those towers are super high though - can see them from the house out toward the mountain. 

I'm not sure. Looks like it stays on our side of the Mountain. I guess we'll know shortly :D