• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

Picked up .12" from a brief but intense downpour last night around 11:30pm. My wife and I were outside last evening and could see lightning when the storms were out in true central PA - probably about 3 hours before they arrived. Amazing light show last night! 

I was at my buddies house in Allentown and could see the lightning a couple hours before the storm arrives.

• Like 1

Had to take some time off for personal matters so missed all the heat talk...not going to go back and review but wanted to point out that parts of 4 LSV counties are now officially in a drought for at least the second summer in a row.  Some of these areas actually have embedded D1 and D2 for local conditions but they will not pinpoint small radius locations.  Locally here I have only had .75" of rain in the last ~3 weeks. 

image.thumb.png.59fada2fa521f9077caa9d8b0246f768.png

50 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Not to detract from the weather matters at hand, and skip this post if you don’t want to read about sports or the Steelers, but two words: Dwayne Haskins.

Heroes aren't made in the preseason, but he's doing a lot to show he belongs. I'm honestly not surprised. If he can get what's between the ears figured out, he's a decent backup. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Heroes aren't made in the preseason, but he's doing a lot to show he belongs. I'm honestly not surprised. If he can get what's between the ears figured out, he's a decent backup. 

That’s the problem, he’ll get bogged down in some other sort of off-field distraction before he gets his chance. Mason Rudolph didn’t have a bad night, but it was a typical Mason Rudolph night (8/9, 77 yards, no points on the board, no spark). Much rather have a QB that can lead the offense down the field.

• Like 2

About 5 minutes to the east of me got nailed last night. That have pictures on Facebook they posted. 

Newberry Township Fire Department  
Crews handled 5 calls between 2315 on 8/12/21 and 0205 on 8/13/21. Crews encountered what appears to be a very large wind storm that rolled through a portion of box 31-01, calls ranged from trees down, 2 dispatched trees on structures, and wires down. Crews encountered multiple other trees on structures with severe damage to minimal damage, fortunately no injuries occurred from any of these incidents. All equipment housed within the department were out assisting with clean up and the emergency incidents

8 minutes ago, Streak said:

Maybe it WAS the same system then. Wherever it was, it was a sight to behold and lit up the entire northern/northwestern sky. 

I think it was, around 10pm. Radar was lit up from just north of Harrisburg and on north. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

I think it was, around 10pm. Radar was lit up from just north of Harrisburg and on north. 

Yup, and since I get up at 4:30 for work, I was in bed already. I finally got the storm I'd been looking for all season.....and I slept right through it. Go figure.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

About 5 minutes to the east of me got nailed last night. That have pictures on Facebook they posted. 

Newberry Township Fire Department  
Crews handled 5 calls between 2315 on 8/12/21 and 0205 on 8/13/21. Crews encountered what appears to be a very large wind storm that rolled through a portion of box 31-01, calls ranged from trees down, 2 dispatched trees on structures, and wires down. Crews encountered multiple other trees on structures with severe damage to minimal damage, fortunately no injuries occurred from any of these incidents. All equipment housed within the department were out assisting with clean up and the emergency incidents

Geez, that area has gotten crushed twice this week...

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

* which usually is when your wife is fed up with you posting on a weather messageboard

I won’t say I’ve never managed to squeeze in time to watch a model run or post on AmericanWx while giving my wife time, but I actively try to avoid it.

35 minutes ago, canderson said:

We had this conversation with @Itstrainingtime yesterday - you people need to get your weather priorities straight. 

34 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Sleep wasn’t listed on your priority list. Where does it fit in? After weather and baseball, of course.

Sleep is completely over rated. many things listed in front of sleep.  

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

You can sleep when you're dead.*

* which usually is when your wife is fed up with you posting on a weather messageboard

My fathers favorite quote i think. he was up, we were up. 

edit-1130 and i'm at 90

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pawatch said:

I haven't posted in awhile...my iPad isn't agreeing with forum. It doesn't give me an option to post.

Definitely has been a hot week with some decent thunderstorm activity.

Picked up 0.50" of rain overnight, to go along with some pretty gusty winds.

I was wondering where you have been. I got frustrated with my iPad and decided to re-gift it to my wife. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

101 in Wolfsburg Bedford County was the highest temp I could find looking over coop reports from yesterday 

That makes me worry a bit about this site which did not have any 100 readings in the entire state.  Must be something filtering out some of them but this is supposed to be an entire state list. We got to 94 here. HGR boiled up to 100 or 101.     https://xmacis.rcc-acis.org/

image.thumb.png.a5add4eff59b3cba107e42e483c0e649.png