• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

4 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I tied my high from yesterday at 98.1, however the dew point was a little higher around 75 versus 72 yesterday so my heat index peaked at 110.  It's still 107 at 6:30.  Ridiculous!

I just checked and my maximum heat index occurred back at 4:05pm at a blistering 113.3 degrees.  That might be around the highest heat index I have ever recorded anywhere.

20 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

A lot of lightning currently in the distance to my north.

I think the line of storms will make it to the LSV a little later on.

Future radar shows it getting here around 11pm in some form or fashion. I've been burned before staying up hoping to see one and they fizzle out, so I'm going to bed. If it's a good one I hope I don't sleep through it.

40 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

A lot of lightning currently in the distance to my north.

I think the line of storms will make it to the LSV a little later on.

I’m seeing that too, just shy of 10 PM. Amazing to see the entire northern sky lit up like that! No thunder, wind, or anything else that would suggest a storm heading my way; I’m guessing those of you to my north will have all the fun this time.

This is one of the warmest evenings I can recall so far this summer. Weather Underground is telling me it’s 85 out, dew point 72 and feels like 92. Definitely concur with the “feels like 92”. 

2 minutes ago, Streak said:

I’m seeing that too, just shy of 10 PM. Amazing to see the entire northern sky lit up like that! No thunder, wind, or anything else that would suggest a storm heading my way; I’m guessing those of you to my north will have all the fun this time.

This is one of the warmest evenings I can recall so far this summer. Weather Underground is telling me it’s 85 out, dew point 72 and feels like 92. Definitely concur with the “feels like 92”. 

Wow you can see that complex from York? 

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Wow you can see that complex from York? 

You know, on my phone I don’t see locations unless I click on profiles and I was probably seeing something different from what Blizzard of 93 was seeing. (We did eventually get a brief downpour here with a good bit of thunder)

13 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I just checked and my maximum heat index occurred back at 4:05pm at a blistering 113.3 degrees.  That might be around the highest heat index I have ever recorded anywhere.

The highest I could find in my notes was from 8/13/16 when I hit a temp of 98 and a dew of 80 for a heat index of 119.  I'm sure there was a little home weenie station error in that but still......anyone else have anything crazy from that August 13th date, or any other date for that matter?

• Like 1

Had a low this morning of 66.9 degrees.  Last night the dew point dropped about 8 degrees from 74 to 66.  That made a huge difference regarding comfort.  Before that drop, I noted that my heat index did not drop below 100 until 8:05pm.  The drop in dew point took place around 9:00pm or so and this morning it's a "refreshing" 67 degrees...lol.  It might be interesting to see what happens with high temps this afternoon.  I know they are forecast to be around 95, but with the dew point drier my guess is I'll be back up around 98 later today.  It's just that the heat index will only be around 102 versus the 110 yesterday afternoon.