• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

I think I saw something in the MD about values of 3000+ possible from Pittsburgh northeastward through central PA this afternoon.

The CAP has to be insane right now with those levels. As soon as something breaks it it seems like a cascade effect takes hold. Those storms came off the mountains yesterday hit here and blew up like an uncontrolled nuclear explosion

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

The CAP has to be insane right now with those levels. As soon as something breaks it it seems like a cascade effect takes hold. Those storms came off the mountains yesterday hit here and blew up like an uncontrolled nuclear explosion

Watch issued, 70/20 wind probs.

I think you need to be north to get storms today, I doubt Dauphin gets hit (well Tower City is up there so maybe extreme north). But yesterday focused on the south, today is much more central/north. 

You are right to a certain extent as I see any true severe weather being north but don’t underplay the boundaries set by yesterday storms. As cashtown low rain total indicates storms seem to follow a pattern this summer laid out from boundaries of the previous storms. Plus there is a nice breeze today and an a whole lot of gasoline just sitting here. I doubt we see wind damage like previous days but don’t count out storms dropping copious rain.

20 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Maytown.....you are clear for launch.....

NEPA will be winners in da rain bucket race today.  Best lift misses most of true central as well.

GOES-East - Latest CONUS Images - NOAA _ NESDIS _ STAR.html 303.34 kB · 1 download

I think the sun has been obscured here twice this afternoon - it's been pretty much wall to wall sun.