• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

@Bubbler86 Looks like I’m hoping the CMC is onto something the other models aren’t for next week. But 59 here now and 71 later. Life is good.

No time to look yet this AM but will try to make time after 12Z is out.  You are still in phase one of your Vaca so lots more to go for you! 

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Oh wow, you almost matched the MDT-thou-shallst-not-drop-below-60 curse.

Honestly...I'm quite often very close to their temp readings. The only times I can recall being more than a degree or 2 off is on a clear, calm night with fresh snow cover. Those nights I'll be a good 5-10 degrees lower. I'm always perplexed by the comments in here about their readings because I'm usually really close to what they report. 

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

LOL, I've never been in a fight in my life. :) 

It is quite cloudy over this way as well. 

Of course meant in a "post the highest" type fight.  NWS did have Mostly Cloudy on the zones.  We watch and wave as beneficial rain goes by to our south.  The price for having a decent air temp and DP.   Though good chance some in the LSV or slightly west see a few showers this afternoon.   First Nor'Easter of the 2021-2022 Snow Recording Season. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Of course meant in a "post the highest" type fight.  NWS did have Mostly Cloudy on the zones.  We watch and wave as beneficial rain goes by to our south.  The price for having a decent air temp and DP.   Though good chance some in the LSV or slightly west see a few showers this afternoon. 

Those waves to the south...holy cow. Forecast for Rodanthe, NC on the Outer Banks (where I was in early June) is for rain today through Thursday accumulating 7-11". That amount of rain will cause a tremendous amount of flooding - feel for those on vacation this week. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Those waves to the south...holy cow. Forecast for Rodanthe, NC on the Outer Banks (where I was in early June) is for rain today through Thursday accumulating 7-11". That amount of rain will cause a tremendous amount of flooding - feel for those on vacation this week. 

Yea, rain where they do not need it at all.  Some people may have to cancel to avoid being miserable. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Honestly...I'm quite often very close to their temp readings. The only times I can recall being more than a degree or 2 off is on a clear, calm night with fresh snow cover. Those nights I'll be a good 5-10 degrees lower. I'm always perplexed by the comments in here about their readings because I'm usually really close to what they report. 

I tend to use Capitol City as it is nearly always identical to me, but MDT is usually within a few degrees. Precip can vary (for instance that storm two nights ago I had 1/4 inch and they had 3/4 inch!)

3 hours ago, TimB84 said:

@Bubbler86 Looks like I’m hoping the CMC is onto something the other models aren’t for next week. But 59 here now and 71 later. Life is good.

I would not put away the shorts but the 12Z GFS is quite a bit different with the Ridge next week....and has a bowling ball trough just to our west now.   Still quite warm but no 100's on the map.