• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

5 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Just checked my ytd precip, I’m at 20.75” through July.  Last year I was at 24.29” for the same period.  It’s been a dry year 

A couple years does not make a norm but if this was the norm, people would have to adjust their landscaping around here.  Defintely a trend to dry out convection vs. Areas just to our northeast

A couple years does not make a norm but if this was the norm, people would have to adjust their landscaping around here.  Defintely a trend to dry out convection vs. Areas just to our northeast

People forget just a few years ago we were 18/20 years with above average precipitation

It split here too but I could tell that in advance with the southwest edge of the severe thunderstorm warning only about 10 miles to my northeast.  Got a whopping trace.  However, the temperature plummeted from 80 down to 70 and the dewpoint as well from 68 to 59 as the storm was approaching.  Feels very comfy outside now.  I guess that's the consolation.

Raining "good here" now, but the bite is much less than the bark. If storms were judged by sky presentation going into it, this would have been the storm of the year here. Holy cow was it dark. At any rate, moderate rain continues, final total coming when it's over but I'll pass .50" for the day with ease. 

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Raining "good here" now, but the bite is much less than the bark. If storms were judged by sky presentation going into it, this would have been the storm of the year here. Holy cow was it dark. At any rate, moderate rain continues, final total coming when it's over but I'll pass .50" for the day with ease. 

Yes, the dark clouds were very impressive as the storm approached.

Your right!! Bark worst than the real bite.

25 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

How about it. It looked nasty coming in but was just garden variety stuff. Sounded like a decent dumping though, will check gauge in the morning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Paw paw, Todd and Pillow seem to get it everytime.  There is one random cell headed in the general direction of one of us. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Paw paw, Todd and Pillow seem to get it everytime.  There is one random cell headed in the general direction of one of us. 

I got .35 today glad we didn't get more. This is the first time in a few weeks we didn't get an inch of rain.

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Does not stay long but GFS still wants to test our patience with close to or over 100 7 days from now.  A rude welcome back to Kpit for you with the mid 90's there as well. 

I know the EC isn’t your model of choice, but there’s a panel on it where it’s 97 imby. Still, going to enjoy a day at the lake today with a high near 70 and not think about next week. It looks ugly.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I know the EC isn’t your model of choice, but there’s a panel on it where it’s 97 imby. Still, going to enjoy a day at the lake today with a high near 70 and not think about next week. It looks ugly.

You should not worry about anything next week being on vaca :-).  This incredible weather needs enjoyed.  But yea I would not personally forecast temps off the EC but give credence to the fact that there is heat coming in some manner.