Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

25 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

What is MDT’s earliest T on record?

October snow was very common in olden times but outside of 2011 it has not snowed at MDT in Oct since 1982.   Spooky stat.  Once Mid Oct hits it has snowed almost all days going forward but it has never snowed at MDT on October 31.   It has snowed every day the rest of the year after Oct 31. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

I agree so much with both of you! Does anyone think he'd have a chance at winning the presidency if he would choose to run? I think he'd make a good one!

As for the weather, got into the 40's overnight as the low this morning was 49.1°

Of course he’d have a chance. The big obstacle may be the primary, as it depends what the big T decides to do. His loyal base and name recognition could be tough to beat in a primary setting, although I do believe DeSantis would eat him alive in a debate setting. Also depends on what the Dems do. I absolutely can’t see Biden running again and I think they know Kamala isn’t the answer. It’s tough to “forecast” (to keep it weather related tehe) at this point because there is sooooo long to go and as we know there will be approximtaely 5 trillion news cycles between now and then ha. Check back in three years. Lots of weather to discuss between now and then! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

October snow was very common in olden times but outside of 2011 it has not snowed at MDT in Oct since 1982.   Spooky stat.  Once Mid Oct hits it has snowed almost all days going forward but it has never snowed at MDT on October 31.   It has snowed every day the rest of the year after Oct 31. 

Snowiest October day in PIT history is 10/31/1993 (6.6”). The last day without snow ever being recorded at PIT is 10/8. Last day without measurable is 10/17. Earliest is 9/23/1989, though I’m trying to confirm it wasn’t hail (67/41, and it dropped to 36 the next morning). But we know a mix can occur at 41.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

What about Oct 31, 2011?  I recorded 6" of wet snow  Pretty sure it was a Saturday unless it was Oct 30.