• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

8 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Could not disagree with you more. Guy is brilliant, always a step ahead, and stands up for his people. Big reason why Florida is thriving. He’ll win reelection in a landslide. America’s governor! 

8 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wish he was my governor, that's all I'll say to that.

I agree so much with both of you! Does anyone think he'd have a chance at winning the presidency if he would choose to run? I think he'd make a good one!

As for the weather, got into the 40's overnight as the low this morning was 49.1°

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I agree so much with both of you! Does anyone think he'd have a chance at winning the presidency if he would choose to run? I think he'd make a good one!

As for the weather, got into the 40's overnight as the low this morning was 49.1°

2 months ago I thought he was the guy for the repubs.  Being hurt now. 

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Just looked at the 5 min obs for MDT, and there is not a 59 anywhere in there. Looks like the scenario I posed yesterday is the reality on the ground.

One of the met's must have been drying their hair near the Therm.  Clouds did hurt them though so cannot blame them too much this time.  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

One of the met's must have been drying their hair near the Therm.  Clouds did hurt them though so cannot blame them too much this time.  

Yeah, it’s going to be largely the same result over here (57 or 58, not 52 or 53). Models did slightly raise lows this morning over the last couple days, if I recall correctly, and I assume cloud cover was a factor in that.

7 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yeah, it’s going to be largely the same result over here (57 or 58, not 52 or 53). Models did slightly raise lows this morning over the last couple days, if I recall correctly, and I assume cloud cover was a factor in that.

I am definitely thinking cloud cover here though you are right they raised the lows off the extremes but lots of mid 40's a bit north of us.    Wu had a few scattered 30's at the NY border. 

GFS with garden variety heat mid term.  KPit never hits 90 on the panels.   You will not be there for some of it anyway.   Lots of pop up convection next week on the GFS.   I am afraid I am going to be a few degrees too low on my Training predict.  

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I am definitely thinking cloud cover here though you are right they raised the lows off the extremes but lots of mid 40's a bit north of us.    Wu had a few scattered 30's at the NY border. 

GFS with garden variety heat mid term.  KPit never hits 90 on the panels.   You will not be there for some of it anyway.   Lots of pop up convection next week on the GFS. 

Meh, the bigger thing is this prolonged cool down doesn’t look as prolonged or cool as it once did. We got to 80 yesterday, we’ll quite possibly get to 80 again today and tomorrow and maybe fall short on Monday. August heat after whatever cool down we do get could be stifling. I think I saw a 97 at MDT on the EC.

Just now, TimB84 said:

Meh, the bigger thing is this prolonged cool down doesn’t look as prolonged or cool as it once did. We got to 80 yesterday, we’ll quite possibly get to 80 again today and tomorrow and maybe fall short on Monday. August heat after whatever cool down we do get could be stifling. I think I saw a 97 at MDT on the EC.

Enjoy these next few days near 80 with a break in the humidity.

Plenty of time to complain about the heat when it comes back in August.

The good thing about August is that the end of Summer is within sight!

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol…and no thanks to their Alligators, year round heat/humidity & bugs and snakes!

The alligators are the real deal.  I NEVER go into fresh water unless it is a spring that is clear to the bottom and other splashing victims near by.   On the land you are fairly safe.  There is a walking path near Gainesville where you walk pretty  much right up to them.  Snakes are just as bad here as far as I am concerned.  They have coral snakes and we do not but it takes them 10 min to bite you as they gnaw on your skin so not a quick strike type thing.  

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Enjoy these next few days near 80 with a break in the humidity.

Plenty of time to complain about the heat when it comes back in August.

The good thing about August is that the end of Summer is within sight!

Hopefully, as long as September isn’t like 2015...

or 2016, or 2018, or 2019.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I personally am not sold on a major heat wave yet.  Too variable and nicer weather close even on the hot depictions I see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I personally am not sold on a major heat wave yet.  Too variable and nicer weather close even on the hot depictions I see. 

I’m certainly not sold on the major sites in PA hitting milestones like 95 or 100 with any frequency, but I think the week of heat will be overall the hottest week of summer.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

I’m certainly not sold on the major sites in PA hitting milestones like 95 or 100 with any frequency, but I think the week of heat will be overall the hottest week of summer.

I hope not.  It does not have that far reaching look I usually see when we get extreme hot.  Its seems very localized (on the GFS at least). 

17 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Any word on tomorrow’s forecast?  Can we sneak out .10 to .25 this far west 

Pop up so anyone's guess but the one negative I have seen for a few days is this very weak wave of pressure seems to "form" very close to us and sort of skip/rob the LSV.  May not at all happen that way but I have seen it on the 3K and HRRR more than once.  A line is coming from the  west, this pops, west line dies and an east line forms. 

image.png.b3eb79ee9adaf720664d8f10c2a5e712.png

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I can’t see how they lose to the Czech Republic, but they should be completely overwhelming teams like that right out of the gate.

Agree on all points.  I looked at the Czech roster and although there is some bottom level NBA talent on there, Team USA should have at least a 20 pt lead at halftime instead of just taking the lead as the half is ending.  The Czech's should never score 43 in a half against the US talent. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Agree on all points.  I looked at the Czech roster and although there is some bottom level NBA talent on there, Team USA should have at least a 20 pt lead at halftime not be just taking the lead as the half is handing. 

Reminds me of an NCAA tournament now years ago, but Wisconsin went down 25-7 early against a 15 seed in the first round. I was never worried they’d lose that game, but sure enough they lost their second round game.

• Like 1