• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Eastern OH and Western PA is getting the goods.  And I think ABE has more rain the last month or two than some of us have had in 4-5 months. 

Yeah my radar app shows the Southwest portion of PA getting hammered. Pittsburgh most likely will be spared. 

3 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Yeah my radar app shows the Southwest portion of PA getting hammered. Pittsburgh most likely will be spared. 

Seems Pitt was always on the North side of the convection forecast there but close enough to maybe get something.  I am not knowledgeable enough with the different areas to have said anything but Western PA :-). 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Seems Pitt was always on the North side of the convection forecast there but close enough to maybe get something.  I am not knowledgeable enough with the different areas to have said anything but Western PA :-). 

Watching what little activity that has been on radar has been weakening as it moves through the LSV. 

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

2 tornado warnings in eastern Ohio. Both storms will likely pass south of Pittsburgh which is fine by me, but I’ll bet somewhere in western PA (just not Pittsburgh) gets a stronger storm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Looking ahead, after a few torchy runs, heat is back to being relegated to deep GFS fantasyland as of 12z and 18z. No serious ridging until late and the other models are pretty troughy.

I took a cursory look at one run of the GFS and it seemed to have fantasy heat but thanks for the update.  More can kicking of summer.  Qpf remains the constant issue. 

49 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I took a cursory look at one run of the GFS and it seemed to have fantasy heat but thanks for the update.  More can kicking of summer.  Qpf remains the constant issue. 

There’s fantasy heat but it’s nothing extreme (for me).

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

7 to 10 days in a row of 300 plus hour heat.  

It seems to have a little more staying power than it did a few days ago, but the 18z also has consecutive days where MDT is at a (rain induced) 68 and 63 in the middle of the afternoon (though the two days before that are hot).

• Like 1