• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Current stuff on radar is flying so no flooding there.    Will be through most of the LSV in 60-90 min.  (Current radar line). 

Yeah, i guess I shoulda stated gully washers, but I'd think some minor flash flooding if there is any enhancement like the bid dogs think there will be.  Just another hunch.  

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah, i guess I shoulda stated gully washers, but I'd think some minor flash flooding if there is any enhancement like the bid dogs think there will be.  Just another hunch.  

And that was not saying you were wrong just pointing out how fast they are moving.    I should have clarified. 

35 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

If by upstream you mean post frontal...then no...it isnt going to do anything.  Sun needs to be out NOW for the LSV to get T boomers crankin.  Its currently light rain in Etown.  Squashes the instability.  Yes we can still get good rains though. 

I know this. But we’re still pre-frontal. SW wind and DP of 71 here.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

And that was not saying you were wrong just pointing out how fast they are moving.    I should have clarified. 

all good.  i knew exactly what you were gettin at. 

In my noggin I can see how with all of these "boxes being checked off", how things might blossom overhead a bit, further enhancing rain totals in some buckets....hoping yours is one of em.  I'm just not seeing the severe potential.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I know this. But we’re still pre-frontal. SW wind and DP of 71 here.

yep....pre fontal w/ little/no sun....and frankly quite a thick cloud deck for much of the day here in the LSV.  Maybe your area is different.

15 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

If this leftover MCS junk clears by 5…tornado watch goes until 9 still? Maybe those storms firing in Ohio will expand on coverage and be the main show for this evening? 

I'll wait for it like I wait for anafrontal snows.................................................................................................

;)

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yep....pre fontal w/ little/no sun....and frankly quite a thick cloud deck for much of the day here in the LSV.  Maybe your area is different.

Cloud deck is eroding into western areas of CTP as we speak. Sure, it might be too little too late for those who want severe, but there will be sun in a pre-frontal environment most likely.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Radar has a Harrisburg split right now.  An uncommon look.  LOL. 

We could rename Hburg the asscrack of Pa.  stuff to see on either side, but not much in between.....

I'm 

Just

Playin

sorta..............

• Haha 3

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Nam needs some love as it has not done well this summer.  That is coming from Nam Central, Rouzerville, PA. 

dude, make room for 2 in your Rouzerville Raft, cause I like the nam's and find them useful during the winter.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Radar has a Harrisburg split right now.  An uncommon look.  LOL. 

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

just like the 12k had yesterday......

HMMMMM

Currently at .02" of rain...there is a path (my specific location) to not see another drop of rain today. This assumes that what is currently on radar doesn't grow, reform, etc. Don't think it will happen but it could...

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'd actually argue the opposite - it's a lone beacon in a sea of hillbilly nothings. ;)

Some of those “hillbilly nothing” towns produce some great craft beer (not that Harrisburg doesn’t). I’m down with that.

• Like 2