• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

Okay boys, I'm ready for what's about to come my way......here we go -- Key Light all the way! bahahahaha......Seriously though if I'm outside at a party, pool, tailgate, boat, etc. it's light beer all the way for me -- Miller, Coors, or Key.  Now, I do enjoy a good lager or pale ale from time to time but nothing overly hoppy or fruity or hazy or dark or anything for that matter, just a good crisp plain beer.  With all that said, I'm more of a whiskey guy.  Whiskey'n'ginger has been my drink of choice for at least 15 years now, and I do love me a good 'ol fashioned or Manhattan.  In fact , all this talk and pap may just have to go get the Bullet Rye tehe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Okay boys, I'm ready for what's about to come my way......here we go -- Key Light all the way! bahahahaha......Seriously though if I'm outside at a party, pool, tailgate, boat, etc. it's light beer all the way for me -- Miller, Coors, or Key.  Now, I do enjoy a good lager or pale ale from time to time but nothing overly hoppy or fruity or hazy or dark or anything for that matter, just a good crisp plain beer.  With all that said, I'm more of a whiskey guy.  Whiskey'n'ginger has been my drink of choice for at least 15 years now, and I do love me a good 'ol fashioned or Manhattan.  In fact , all this talk and pap may just have to go get the Bullet Rye tehe.

Sometimes the budget demands what the budget demands.  Key Light is decent for talking, sips in between,  and not getting plastered.  With that said I always appreciate when I see someone bring out a Schlitz.  A good classic choice. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sometimes the budget demands what the budget demands.  Key Light is decent for talking, sips in between,  and not getting plastered.  With that said I always appreciate when I see someone bring out a Schlitz.  A good classic choice. 

I believe it's the same alcohol content as Miller and Coors and it's cheaper.  Heck, for kegs it's WAY cheaper, and let's be honest, it basically tastes the same as Silver Bullet.  Keith Stone! Remember those commercials? :lol:  The international symbol for light beer should just be a man pissing, tell me I'm wrong.....

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I believe it's the same alcohol content as Miller and Coors and it's cheaper.  Heck, for kegs it's WAY cheaper, and let's be honest, it basically tastes the same as Silver Bullet.  Keith Stone! Remember those commercials? :lol:  The international symbol for light beer should just be a man pissing, tell me I'm wrong.....

Regardless if its the symbol you are are going to be partaking in it if you drink lots of it.    Definitely better than drinking Malt 45's with brown bags covering them. 

24 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

As a craft beer guy, I agree 100% that there’s a time and a place for light beer and usually that time and place is outside, when you plan on drinking all day. Can only drink so many 8%+ beers and it’s hard to pace.

17 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

You're hearing that cell over by Red Lion.

It was quite dark here for a few...and then it was gone. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That Burg cell went to your west like so many have the last month. 

Ain't that the truth? It just happened the other night. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

As a craft beer guy, I agree 100% that there’s a time and a place for light beer and usually that time and place is outside, when you plan on drinking all day. Can only drink so many 8%+ beers and it’s hard to pace.

And I have found that people just do not respect you at a party with a Four Loco in your hand in an effort to get the light or fruity taste with 8%+.  99 Bananas has the same negative effect.   Ha. 

19 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

This is true, very very true.  I have seen many a good man go down from getting too bold with the douple IPAs on a hot and humid day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Whatever happens or doesn't happen tomorrow, the weather following looks incredible. And unlike typical summer fronts, instead of having a nice day or perhaps two, it looks like a nice string of days to close out July and start of the dog days. 

That will get us 1 step closer to Fall!

Fantastic forecast for the Harrisburg area for the end of July into early August!

Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. 
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 55. North wind 6 to 8 mph. 
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 79.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.
Sunday
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Sunday Night
A chance of thunderstorms before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 60.
Tuesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 80.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Enhanced area is for 30% Wind, 15% Hail, 5% TOR

I expected higher tornado chances. Thugs are very favorable for destructive winds. 

Those destructive thugs, having the wind do their dirty work for them.

• Haha 1

Could be an action packed day for some.  Others have pointed out SPC's stance.  CTP has some interesting thoughts as well.......

The conditional risk of severe storms ramps up this afternoon
and evening (2-8PM most likely timing) with SPC upgrading the
south- central and southeast zones to an Enhanced risk (level 3
out of 5). The upper pattern will be characterized by a broad
trough/cyclonic flow aloft with embedded MCV translating east-
southeastward from the southern Great Lakes through the northern
Mid Atlantic region.

29/00Z HREF mean shows 40-50kt deep-layer shear profiles in
place later this afternoon with 0-3km SRH values 200-400+ m2s2.
The main uncertainty driving the conditional nature of this
potentially significant severe wx event continues to center
around the degree of destablization, as cloud cover from
upstream convective complex may limit heating/instability to
some extent. The latest HRRR and other CAMs show pcpn from this
feature reaching into the western zones between 15-17Z.

Assuming sufficient CAPE can be realized in the warm sector,
the environment will be supportive of some supercells that may
evolve into bowing structures as storms track northwest to
southeast during the afternoon and evening. While the primary
threat appears to be damaging winds and possibly some hail, low
level hodographs are supportive of an isolated tornado risk
especially in the vicinity of sfc warm front over south- central
PA. This risk is highlighted by a 5% tornado probability.

MaxT will be a few to several degrees lower vs. yesterday in the
low 70s north to lower 80s south. The relatively cooler temps
combined with advection of rich low level moisture (near-70F
dewpoint air) suggests lower LCL heights which are an important
delineator for tornadoes in central PA. Despite PW values
around 1-1.5 inches supporting brief heavy downpours/rain rates,
recent dryness in the past 7 days along with fairly progressive
storm motions should confine flooding risk to marginal (level 1
out of 4) with the highest probs/lowest FFG in the NC/NE mtns.

The severe threat should end by 8PM give or take, but showers
could linger in spots for most of the night. MinT will trend a
few degrees warmer overall with the largest positive 24hr deltas
over the middle and upper Susquehanna Valley. Post-frontal NW
flow should align low clouds upslope along the western
Alleghenies into early Friday morning.